Apr 30, 2007
I posted up an ad to feel out the interest in my 02 CR125. Aside from some scammers, I have gotten some interest in the bike (I have a "collatoral" check, and am waiting for a buyer to come pick it up with cash in hand).

Maybe it is mean to laugh at those who pretend to know what they are talking about...but here are some of the funnier responses I've gotten. I've highlighted my favorite parts!

1 - "hey i have a 1999 cr80r this is a nice bike it has a new vortex sprocket on it, fmf shorty silencer, fmf sst pipe, wiseco did the whole engine, new tires, enjoy graghics, moose racing handguards, its a limited edition kinda cause it has 6 gears and a powerband in every gear, this is a beautiful bike, its all set up for racing i origanly bought it for 1200, would you be willing to trade?"

I responded by asking what color and brand of powerbands it had, and gently pointed out that NADA blue book lists it top price for 670$. Whereas, I am selling my 125 for about a hunnerd bucks below the lowest price.

2 - "hey, I was wondering if there is oil injection, since its a race bike I didn't Know if you went on the safe side and took it out and mixed in the tank. when you said you changed the oil every other ride,where you talking about the transmission oil?"

I am pretty sure this wasn't a serious inquirey (if I could spell that). :whoa:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
That CR80 one was pretty good....my neighbor a typical beer drinking redneck..... yup we get along well! Claims that back in the day he built a 100hp YZ400, dyno runs and all. Man could he jump that thing in his mind! :coocoo: Guess I'm just a little bit too normal! Lets see I race dirt bikes with kids less then half my age and I'm building an airplane that I fully intend to fly my family members around in. Yup I guess I'm normal..aby that is! :) But heck my 30 hp or so KDX hauls me around just fine. But maybe I could sell it as a one off 50hp, surgical woods weapon? :) for say $5000 :nod:

Kevin

Apr 30, 2007
No reply as of yet, but I did get a little further background on the woman who asked about the oil injection system. She ran an older bike that actually had one (funny, my first bike had one too!)

I am awaiting the powerband reply with baited breath!

kmccune, I see that you're in Somerset, Wisconsin (which is where I'm heading to pick up a modded 85 soon!) How far are you from the gloriously acclaimed "sandbox arena?"

Last edited:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
You get what you pay for on the "C" list. I posted a few times looking for a small blast cabinet and specifically wanted a used one, taking up someones space, that needed a new home, etc. I was flooded with replies directing me to the "E" site which are just new ones that had nothing to do with my interests. Oh well.

Apr 30, 2007
So...the chick that had given me the "collatoral check" called me last night, as today was the last day I had promised to hold the bike for her.

She had given me a story (when she came to check things out), about how she had to cash a check (pay check or something like that) before she could give me the cash...I told her flat out that the bike did NOT leave my apartment until I had the full amount in hand.

So...she says "will you be home tomorrow (which is today) morning" and I said yes. Her reply was that "I am going to withdraw the last 600 from an ATM on my way there."

As I thought about it, I remembered that most banks allow a maximum withdrawl of 250$ per day...at that point, I realized that she was a hopeless case...maybe not trying to scam me...but she wasn't going to have the cash.

I called another person that had emailed me, and said they could come and pick it up. They will be getting far more use out of it than the first person ever will!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom