dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Before last weekend, i considered myself lucky not to have ever experienced arm pump. I have never gotten arm pump, even though I've been riding 3 years. Last weekend i got on the bike , and before I had even gone 1/3 of the track, my arms got really pumped up. It loosened up a little bit during the course of the day, but It affected my riding during the whole day.

I'm going to go riding tomorrow, and I hope i dont get pumped up.

Why do you think I got arm pump that one time? I was not sore, nor did I do anything strenuous in the days prior to riding.
Whats up?

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
You are going to get a work out tomorrow, I rode for five hours today with some friends, WFO the whole time, I'm so sore, but will be ready tomorrow. I have to work in the morning, but we should be up there around noon or so. Spent $22.00 on 4 gallons of fuel. So, I'm ready. FYI (a particular track...) is open for free practice on Sunday 10 to 4. Capitol Cycle is hosting a customer appreciation day and I have a pass. If you want to go Sunday, I'll talk to you and your mom about it tomorrow.
Dave

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
were going to try to be at archers at 12 o' clock, but I'm going to have some work to do. First I need to clean my air filter, replace the oil, see if its my fender or the subframe thats bent ( the whole seat looks kinda crooked) and then go over to my cousins house and bust his (my old) bike free because he forgot the combination of the lock i gave him and hit it with an axe and busted the thing so the lock turns no more, i'll see what a 20 pound sledge and a hacksaw can do. (he'll be there tomorrow, hes really really really slow( like barely out of first gear) and has my old xr80). My mom's not takin me this time, i'm bummin a ride with a friend to the track, but she may show up later with my brother and my cousin.

What track is capitol cycle hosting a free ride for? Isn't that the place next to poole road?

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I went riding yesterday and never got arm pump. Dunno whats up with that...
I'm going riding again today...I am a little sore from riding yesterday

hope i dont get cccccrrrrrazy arm pump!

Flyhigh

Nov 16, 2001
Arm pump is when your arms get sore and tight while riding. I never usually get arm pump, but after a 4-5 month layoff due to winter, I got arm pump like a mofo the first day I went riding!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
It gets so bad that you have trouble gripping the bars or using the clutch or front brakes. Found out that my elbow pads are giving me arm pump bad. I'm going to loosen them up and them zip-ty them to my chest protector so they will stay put.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Try drinking moe water the day before a ride

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I get finger pump after much riding...it usually gets to the point where I can't physically move my fingers...I don't use the brakes or clutch...very bad

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I get that too, but it is worse on cold days... It helps to grip the seat with your knees, and loosen up on your handlebar grip

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Try drinking moe water the day before a ride

I drink plenty of water through out the week. I also load up the day before. I still get it. Sometimes I loosen up and then after about an hour it will not bother me at all. I have did not use the pads and it still happens. I made sure to loosen up the gloves too. Not sure, but I think it could be the horrible diet and lack of exercise thats doing it. I was going to order Gary Semics Techniques Video #6 "Eliminating Arm Pump" . Anybody seen it? Is it worth it?

Top Bottom