23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Don't everybody laugh at once - how do you go about making your own web page? Our internet provider allows me to create my own for free - up to 5 megs, is that much for a site?. This is something I've kinda thought about, and I've seen some really cool personal sites, but haven't a clue how to begin.

There's probably a million books at Barnes & Noble on how to do this. Any recommendations?  Other suggestions, maybe a web page that has a good game plan?  thanks...

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Jayhawk, I don't know much about it, but do suggest you start with some kind of program like MS Frontpage, or similar. (I know FP is not the best, but is included in some "Office" package software). This will give you the basics that you can expand on from there perhaps.

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
If you down load or use Netscape it comes with Composer. Which is a good easy web page builder. You can work off-line view completed pages, check html, links, insert images save and edit and more. Just another choice to look at.. Good Luck

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
You can get a free account from yahoo, then go to geocities and create some pages with software that they provide. It's pretty basic so it's also pretty easy.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
1. Do a search for html tutorials for beginners.

2. If you are using Windows as an operating system then you have a program called "Notepad" to compose your code from scratch or Composer that is packaged in Netscape. The code generators programs are fine but you will not learn how a page works and how to fix it if there is something wrong.

3. Once you have a page built then you need to register a url and have it mapped to your host (ISP).

4. When you have all that ready do a search for "Ws_ftp" which is a FTP program you can download that transfers files to your host.

Stay away from the free site hosts like Geocities and Lycos because they put annoying pop-up ads on your site.

Have Fun :cool:

Top Bottom