Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I never heard of the place untill I saw a post from GTRider about it. After several emails and figuring I needed a change of pace, it was off to Cross Creek MX for Tigger & me for some Saturday Night Racing.

I pulled in about 4:30 and they were watering & tilling the track so I took the opportunity to walk it and check it out. It's a very tight track for the most part, sort of a supercross style but with jumps that don't quite send you to the inner atmosphere. My 1st impression was "Oh My God!" "What have I gotten myself into?"
Everywhere I looked there was a jump or a corner and then there was this whoop section that looked like the ones on TV.

After admiring the track I geared up for practice. I think I was the 1st person to head down the 1st sraight and it was a wide open gear bangin' trip. As I approached the 1st turn, a left hand sweeper, I let off to find my bike slowing way down really fast. It was a quick couple of gear down shift and back on the gas hard to keep from falling over. A quick veer to the right and a small double stairing me in the face. A quick brake check to roll the jump (I was checking out the track) and back on the gas for the next jump, a step up. From what I could see it looked like a huge step up with a big dip between the two peaks so I rolled it too. Another straight up to yet another step up with a 180 turn to the left right after it. Immediatly after that turn there was another tabletop, this one only about 6' accross then a slight downhill run to a nice triple. On the back side of that one there was a small step up that led into a slight left then a single off camber hard turn to the right. It was then a short straight into a 180 left then thru the rythym section. After the rythym section it was another 180 into the whoop section, the kind you see on TV. After that there was a 180 back to the left and accross the table top finish line then back around.

The track lay out was very compact yet did allow for some high speed sweepers and some straights but also checked your skill for the obsticals that popped up every where. The dirt was a mix of just about everything good but I figure if it wasn't prepped it would pack very fast.

The turnout was small (only six classes) and the night went by fast. We started just after 7pm and the last moto was over about 8:30. They left the lights on for practice untill 11pm and I thought that was very nice. The price was good, $10 entery and $25 1st class, $20 each following. The people were great also, very hospitable. I recommend this track to anyone that likes technical stuff. The lighting was the best I've experienced.

I managed to place 2nd & 3rd perspectavly for a 3rd overall and won a nice kidney belt to boot. I never did see GTRider so if you were there I appologize but then I have no idea who you are or what you look like but thanks for the tip about Cross Creek.
The sign says they have 3 tracks they I only got to see 2 of them.

I learned not to drink milk before riding this weekend...very uncomfortable! :flame:

Last edited:

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Sounds like a good track..what is the day track like ?Maybe we'll go sometime this fall when its not 110 million degree's outside..

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by MTRIDER
Sounds like a good track..what is the day track like ?Maybe we'll go sometime this fall when its not 110 million degree's outside..
The day track is kind of long and it was not prepped at the time so it was very dry. It looks like it would be fun. They were prepping it after the night track was over and again this morning when I wole up. I didn't ride it after they got thru.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom