LR 204
BC 148
PORT 153

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
HEY FREDDY, I THINK THE EVENT YOU ARE REFERING TO IS THE TREE TOPPER, WHICH IS AN ENDURO. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR INFO FROM FOR H/S COUNTS BUT IT IS WRONG. YOU CAN NOT COUNT THE FES SERIES AS IT IS NOT A D-14 EVENT. IF YOU WOULD BOTHER TO SHOW UP AT ONE OF THE MORE POPULAR H/S TRACKS YOU WOULD SEE FROM 150 TO 300 RIDERS. I WOULD SUGGEST AGAIN TO YOU TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, CALL THE H/S CHAIRMAN, AND THEN MAKE YOUR POST BASED ON THAT INFORMATION.

HEY DW, MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO INTERJECT HERE SINCE YOU RODE ALMOST ALL THE H/S SERIES AND TELL FREDDY HOW MANY RIDERS THERE ARE AT EACH RACE. I REST MY CASE.

Dave Calm down, grab your self a nice botle of wine and chill buddy. I went by the counts posted on the finishers in the results on the D 14 HS site, now I think I may have missed the kids. Still very few HS were in excess of 150 according to this guys post. It's normal for the spring events to do well, every one is itching to ride. Spring enduro events are well into the 200 range too, like Roselawn for example.

Here's what i got - 2 and 3 hr totals;
Portland = 114
BC = 148
Dutch = 81
WT = 58
TC=62
Muskeegun = 71
Moreland = 38
Polka Dots = 60
VTR= 66
Log Rd = 108
BC= 83
Portland = 64
VTR = 64
PMP = 70

Again these are the totals for the 2 and 3 hour classes so I'm missing some I guess, but thats where I got the number from. Right here on the internet.

Oh, and i did ride the good races -VTR, & Polka dots are my favorites with lots of single track. :cool:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I find it mighty SAD when our leaders in HS are unwilling to even consider a compromise. The enduro leaders have expressed concern that the current date does not work and there are complications with a week to get the final details ready on the awards. How they pull it off in past years must be nothing shy of a miracle! I bet there must be some mighty fine leadership skills as well as teamwork with all involved. There must be a middle ground for both parties to be happy. I work with children all day who are not willing to look at another point of view. For adults to be so single sided is inexcusable.

I remember when the HS banquet was in Dewitt. This was before it was combined with the enduro division. It was a small group and you were actually able to see and HEAR all the awards. It felt more like a family affair. The dancing afterward was the best part. It kept the kids busy while the adults bench raced.

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
Maybe you enduro people could have the banquet with the "dirt trackers". I heard they are some swell fellas. Then the HS crowd could have a meeting with the hilllclimbers. We could all meet new people, make friends, and add them to our Myspace pages. It could be really neato!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
sanford said:
Maybe you enduro people could have the banquet with the "dirt trackers". I heard they are some swell fellas. Then the HS crowd could have a meeting with the hilllclimbers. We could all meet new people, make friends, and add them to our Myspace pages. It could be really neato!!!

Dirt trackers get boring after a while when bench racing it go's like:
"remember that left hand turn?"
"yeah that was sweet"
"yeah they had 2 of them"
Yeah, I liked them both"

"Oh OK then talk to you later..."

I don't wanna party with those guys....

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I think we should partner up with the ATV Enduro division! :cool: This way Don Marsh could attend!

tdunn976 said:
The difficulties of having a banquet less then 1 week after our last event,do exsist, but have been helped out by our scoring system.
True.... From the feedback I got, getting the final event results and points calculated was not the nightmare it has been in the past.

Regardless, there were a couple of corrections made in the few days after the TC events. In this particular case it didn't affect the final results of the top finishers, but it was not until late Friday afternoon, the day before the banquet, that we had final confirmation of a few scores after the club checked the backup books. It takes a minimum of a few days (best case scenario!) for a club to check the backup books and respond. Had these corrections affected placement of the top finishers, it would have been a PITA for the few people involved who make the awards happen. Keep in mind that final standings need to be sent in so that the banquet awards program can be printed in time. In '08 we'll also have the final FES event the weekend before the (traditional) banquet date.

Also, does it make any sense to have the deadline for banquet tickets set 1 week prior to the last 2 races of the season??? There were a handful of riders who didn't even know if they'd be up for a trophy until after the season finished.

There is also a lot of time and effort that goes into planning and preparing for the sanctioning meeting in early December, and with the banquet immediately after the last event, there is little breathing room in between.

Is it doable to have the banquet 6 days after the last event? For the people who scramble during that week to make it happen, yes. It is easily avoidable? Definitely...

I am not necessarily for splitting up the banquet, but I suspect that the HS division would appreciate the situation a little better if their banquet was held 1 week after their last event. As it stands, they have 4-5 weeks before showtime, whereas we have 6 days. Man... wouldn't it be nice to have the time to put together a really nice slideshow of the season. Make it January / February and you'll have one...

MX banquet = February, D15 = February, D17 = January, IERA = February, D16 = November (but their season ended in September). I'd like to see if a compromise could be made to have the banquet at least 2 weekends after the last HS/Enduro event, whichever is later. Otherwise, I'd favor a move to January / February. Hell, maybe with a mid-winter banquet break, it wouldn't get so wound up and cranky here! :)

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
For Those of us that are used to running like mad the 6 days hasn't been that big of deal and being a Harescambler also, I personally like them togather.

D14 Azz kisser

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
HEY DW, MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO INTERJECT HERE SINCE YOU RODE ALMOST ALL THE H/S SERIES AND TELL FREDDY HOW MANY RIDERS THERE ARE AT EACH RACE. I REST MY CASE.
I’m not one to stir the pot. Besides I have to run over to my mother in-laws house to check out her medicine cabinet to see what makes her so f'n crazy.

DW

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
I’m not one to stir the pot. Besides I have to run over to my mother in-laws house to check out her medicine cabinet to see what makes her so f'n crazy.

DW
Poor women became f'n crazy, not from medication but from whom her lovely daughter married ;)

dirtmark

Oct 22, 2007
Wolverine423 said:

DW

you don't need drugs :ride: :blah:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Poor women became f'n crazy, not from medication but from whom her lovely daughter married ;)

Now that's funny right there! :rotfl:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
48 survey responses received from 12/11 - 12/17.

Do you go with the minority and continue it in November, or with the majority and schedule an enduro-specific banquet in January / February? ;)

Attachments

• Banquet_Survey_Results.jpg
    Banquet_Survey_Results.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 159

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Opinion polls don't require the majority of a given population to respond in order to determine the majority opinion. You extrapolate opinions of a large group by using a small sample.

Assuming that only D14 enduro riders responded, based on statistical sampling of the survey, you can be 95% confident that between 66% and 88% of the total possible respondents would respond YES. Likewise, you can also be 95% confident that between 12% and 34% of the total survey population would respond NO.

While not an absolute perfect method for determining what D14 enduro riders want, it is the majority opinion! :cool:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
I understand "polling" probably better then most,yet how many Presidents have been elected without a majority vote?
Or have been announced the winner using this method only to find out oops?

Polls are only effective to the people that take the time to respond, I have been in countless Govt meetings were the polling numbers do not reflect the majority of people, only the majority that replied?!

There are 3 lies in this world; lies, damn lies and statistics.
(polling falls into statistics.)

Just giving you something to think about.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
tdunn976 said:
I understand "polling" probably better then most,yet how many Presidents have been elected without a majority vote?

Just giving you something to think about.

Pretty much ALL of them. Elections are won by collecting the majority vote, of those who took time to vote.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Given the limited resources and methods available, that poll is the closest we will come to providing any sort of real insight as to how the majority of the riders feel. Even with the margin of error provided, a reasonable conclusion can be drawn. The fact that the outcome doesn't sit right with some is a whole other issue. I think that you're just still pissed Hillary lost in Iowa!

.... Don't ask questions containing answers you don't want to hear...

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Smit-Dog said:
Given the limited resources and methods available, that poll is the closest we will come to providing any sort of real insight as to how the majority of the riders feel.
A MTR follower poll?....You will need more amo than that for your agenda.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom