D36/N Cal Training Wheels Family Enduro POSTPONED

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
D36/N Cal Training Wheels Family Enduro RESCHEDULED

CERA has rescheduled the 2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro to Sunday December 8th. Pre-entry has been extended to November 29.

All riders pre-entered will be automatically pre-entered for the new date. For additional info, or to download a flyer, please go to the
2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro page .

All pre-entered riders will be receiving a letter with the details in a day or two.

Last edited:

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
Yep, that's the problem with the schedule in D36: the season is so short between drought and snow that there are essentially no open dates. Every other weekend has an event (or backup date for the 49er on the 17th) on Sunday, going the day after the Cowbell is the lesser of many evils.

Think of the Training Wheels as a nice cool-down ride after the Cowbell! :thumb:

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
This really bites, I had taken vacation for the original date!! *D'OH!* Not sure if I can make this new date....I'll have to pull some major strings to make it happen. I understand the reasons behind the date change though, what can you do?

Matt

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
Hey Matt, you should consider one of the regular D-36 enduros this Fall. By the way, let me assure you this was a very good decision, Foresthill is a dusty-silty mess right now. It would truly be unsafe for the majority of folks that a family enduro is set up for.

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Howdy Loco - weren’t we on the same minute at the Piglet? I was going to attempt a few 'real' D36 enduros this year, but I'm way out of shape for that. Thinking that a couple of 'family' enduros is more my speed right now :confused: It's a go, I managed to get the weekend off for the Training Wheels enduro (though I have to work the next day, *ouch*). Anyone else confirmed as going?

Matt

Dan from HB

Aug 24, 2002
Just to clarify.......this is NOT about the District 37 Training Wheels Ghost Rider Enduro. Ghost Rider is still on for Oct 19,20 at Teagle Wash near Red Mountain in Southern California.
Dan

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Let's hope for some rain so the Nov 3rd Training Wheels doesn't get blown out too. I've been looking forward to this one since the June 2nd event at Forrest Hill.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
GETOMETOCA, what minute did you get?
I'm 9B.
Who else are going to be there?

Mini

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Cool, John!
That means I have a Enduro computer right behind me! If I could ride well enough to follow you. ;)

Frank, I will be dancing for rain for the next 10 days! If Giants win the World Series, I'm sure a lot more people wil start dancing in the Bay Area. :)

Mini

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by FireLily
Cool, John!
That means I have a Enduro computer right behind me!

Mini,
I don't have a computer, I use a roll chart and a $2.95 Walgreen's travel clock (yes I'm a cheap rider :o ). If you follow me, you'll be 2 minutes late at each check if I zero (wishful thinking). :silly:

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I know you don't have a computer, but I think you are the computer.

Also Buddy and Jonathon came in some checkpoints too early at the last Training Wheel in June, and they lost many points, so rather than following them, I thought it would be smart for me to follow you (2 points x 6 checkpoints = 12!?).....Well, you never know. I might get hurt again one week before the race.

Mini

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by FireLily
I might get hurt again one week before the race.Mini

Mini,
Don't think like that :flame: I know you are kidding, but negative vibes have a way of biting you in the :moon:

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
My son is just about recuperated from his broken arm (agian, a football injurgy)... but not quite. We will still be working a check for the club. We'll be cheering the DRN'ers on! Anyone planning on riding the Wilseyville HS race this Fall? Last year it was phenomenal. We are also tentatively planning on the Bearfoot right before Thanksgiving.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
O.K. John, I will have a positive attitude.

The strange thing is that I got benefit from getting hurt. I stopped falling while I ride! Well, I mean I still fall but much fewer than before. I am riding more defensively and carefully at difficult spots. I learned something from my injury.

Mini :thumb:

dirttrails

Mar 20, 2002
There hasn't been any rain yet in the Sacramento area :ugg:
Maybe I should wash my truck, it usually rains when I wash it this time of year... but hopefully it rains up there in Sugar Pine. I've been looking forward to riding this enduro since I learned about it earlier this year.

Here's to hoping that minute 23 is kind to me.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Treefinder, at what point will a decision to hold or cancel the November date occur?

dirttrails - Go Wash Your Truck!!!!! LOL!

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Dirttrails

Wash and wax the truck, what the heck go crazy vacuum and armorall inside, need all the help we can get. :yeehaw:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Mini, I just saw your question about what minute I'm on. I never got around to getting pre-registered, so I'm not sure what minute I'll get. Last time I did not pre-register and I was put on minute 33 all by myself.

Karna and Justin are coming too, not sure if they have their minute. Anyone know if ScottYZ250 is coming?? I have not seen him since June.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I washed my truck today. Only one week to go, and I don't see any rain in the forecast... :whiner:

Top Bottom