D36/N Cal Training Wheels Family Enduro POSTPONED

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
:yeehaw: I'm doing my rain dance, I'm doing my rain dance, I'm too fat to be dancing, but I'm still doing my rain dance :yeehaw:

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
We're minute 48. Let's see, 47 rows of riders X 4 riders per row = a LOT OF
DUST! Rain...where are you?? Option #2 would be to try the E (or C?) class at the Jackhammer or if my break pedal ever comes in for my Trials bike then maybe I will be attending the Turkey Trial at the PITS property...Decisions, Decisions...

Karna
P.S. it is only 6 am on Sunday morning...I am going to have to get use to this time change thing.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by Karna&Justin
Option #2 would be to try the E (or C?) class at the Jackhammer

Karna, did you mean either the Cow Bell or W.F.O enduro's? The Jackhammer was last weekend.

Do the C class at the Cow Bell. Their course for the past two years has been something you would not have any difficulty with. You'll have trouble staying on time. You could always call it a day at the gas stop which is at 49-51 miles. E-mail / call Kali or Tami for their perspective on the Middle Creek trails.

Rain dance? :yeehaw: I've washed and vacuumed the truck twice, washed the inside of my helmet, washed my chest protector. Come on rain don't make me give Buzz a bath :(

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
ScottYZ250 is coming too!! :yeehaw:

Okay, so everyones doing the rain dance right? Jonala, go ahead and give Buzz a bath, every little bit helps. :)

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
John,

OOPS! Yes, you are correct, I meant the Cowbell. Do you know how many miles the C loop is?? I can hang for 60 miles but I think 80-100 might be stretching it for my out of shape body. I guess I will never know unless I try.

See you somewhere next weekend!

Karna

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Hope it's still on for the 3rd . . . I washed my Tahoe this morning, inside & out AND armoralled the tires, that alone is cause for a good rain :yeehaw:

Matt

ktmchick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2002
OK I'm going to pull out the big guns.

Mick and I will go on a picnic. That's a sure fire way for it to rain!!! :)

Karna you should come out and race the cowbell. Kyra and I are both racing and it's supposed to be good one. Plus you could always do the E class which only goes to gas. That would be a great way to check out a real enduro. Though I know you're a good enough rider to tackle the whole thing. :thumb:

Hopefully we'll see ya this weekend.

Belinda

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
I updated the first post, but just to be sure no one misses it:

CERA has decided to once again postpone the 2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro. The event will not be November 3. We are working with District 36 and the USFS on a new date, which will be announced as soon as we have it. We apologize for any inconvenience, but again firmly believe this is in the best interests of the riders and the trail system.

All pre-entered riders will be receiving a letter with the details in a day or two, and we will post the new date as soon as it is confirmed.

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
It is tempting because the weekend is open, and the trails there are fun. It's not that tempting because I rode there in June with one other guy and we about choked eachother in the dust. I can't imagine what it is like now. :ugg:

I may be a surprise last-minute entry, but I doubt it.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
:( :whiner: :ugg:

I knew this was going to happen, dang it! I can't blame them though. I'm sure they made the right choice. WHERE IS THE RAIN... :think:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Frank,
Of course it's dustier when riding with a small group. That's because you are still able to see daylight. During an enduro the sun is the shiny object at the end of a tunnel of dust. Cough cough, it's not that cough bad.

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
Hi folks-

We're still waiting for USFS approval of our new proposed date (the day after the Day That Will Live In Infamy...). As soon as we get the green light I'll update the thread again.

The trails at Foresthill are looking good. Lots of new tree-crossings too! :eek:

-Frank
2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro Co-Coordinator

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'll be there "on the anniversary of the day that will live in infamy" so as to camp overnight. Frank, the D-36 meeting minutes from November have the date listed. That MUST mean its SURE THING!!!! LOL!

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hello Natalie At our club meeting Frank had told us that the date was approved by D-36 but we still need the OK from the Forest Service.

Lets hope for the best.

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
The US Forest Service has given CERA the OK for the 2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro to be held on Sunday December 8th. :yeehaw:

Independent of precipitation, the December event could be chilly. In light of this, and to accommodate people who might wish to drive up for the day instead of tent camp in December, CERA has moved the start time of the event from 9am to 10am. The first rider will roll off the start line at 10:01 am.

Pre-entry has been extended until 11/29. We very strongly suggest that you pre-enter the event. We almost sold out in June and with no other event that day it is likely we will sell out. Plus, you save some $$.

As always, we're at the mercy of Ma Nature and extreme weather or dust (don't laugh!) could postpone the event. We will update the CERA Training Wheels web page if the weather looks sketchy, and it is recommended that you call the club phone hotline to check the event status before driving up.

Hope the weather stays good, and see you all on Sunday December 8th.

-Frank
2002 Training Wheels Family Enduro Co-Coordinator

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm thinking I will drive up the day of the event with that late of a key time.  There was something I wanted to do the day before so this way I can do BOTH!

Forrest Hill!  Forrest Hill!:yeehaw:

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
10:01 is the key time......so I am starting 10:10.

In that case, maybe I can stay in a cozy hotel in Auburn on the day before and have Chinese food for dinner! :yeehaw:

Can't wait to see you guys there!!!

Mini

Top Bottom