ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
well if anyone has been following my ongoing problem or even cares, i still cannot get a stator beside the $330 one from Kaw Dealer. Dennis kirk is trying to figure out why i got the wrong one last time, i thought i had found an alternator shop to rewind this one, wrong!. Now i'm looking into rewinding it my own self. bought some magnet wire, now if only i knew the proper way to wind it!!!! anyone else now of any hidden info or locations to fix this problem, i haven't got to ride in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
From Dirt Bike magazine Showcase (classified ads). Places that will repair flywheels or stators:

Electric Tech 508/478-0692
FRP 708/946-3264
[email protected] 508/328-7927
Stator Corp. 508/478-0976
Ricky Stator 619/449-3905

These were all on one page (pg86 in Oct 02 issue)

nickBeers

Aug 25, 2001
I had a similar problem with my stator. I found that the wire had broken right before the conection, so I just resoldered it. It works fine now. Rewiniding isn't difficult. Just count the turns as you unwind it. chuck it up on a lathe and feed the wire on as it turns (slowly) until you have the same # of turns.
Good luck

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i tried to rewind it yesterday, but i'm getting nothing from it...i'm not certain my winding was as good as it needed to be, and for my coil there is no way in hell you would be able to keep up with number of winds....i pulled about 50' of 34gage wire off that thing!....Anyway to add to my stator problems, looked up diagram on kaw. com of my stator, turns out i AM suppose to have a double stacked stator, i don't know what the person before me did to this damn thing, and i don't know why electrex told me the stators they have for the bike won't work (why are they selling them, then) i'm so damn confused, my kdx is quickly becoming a thorn in my side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Did you contact the listed sources?

Mess with it less...get it fixed more (easy to say if you don't have to pay for it ;) ).

ha! re: Haven't ridden in two weeks!

Try MONTHS! STILL no precip...fire restrictions still on..local poker run postponed to mid november.

Cry a tear for me!! :(

What is the double winding on a sparky stator for, anyway?

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
months w/o riding...here's a whole bag a tears, that sucks. i have tried the listed sources, ricky stator may be able to help me, and as luck would have it i found a cdi, coil, and stator on ebay, hoping i can keep high bid (oh crap, shouldn't have told, no one go out bid me please!!!..lololol)

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
best thing i ever done when i needed a new stator was i bought a stator and plate together, with it's wiring harness.. about 200 bux.. got it from classified in a dirt bike magazine,, one of those that says oem parts. easy easy easy to install,,

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom