thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Eel, CPTJack, holeshot, RMJeff, placelast, scar, brettr are you guys in or what?

I'm going to arrive early Sunday Morning. Anyone else?

Here is a link: Deep Creek Enduro

BTW - Don't be fooled by the name. The only water in this enduro will be in you Camelback. Last year the mercury hit 107. :scream:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm in, I think I'll arrive sat eve. around 7 pm. Enough time to get a dusk ride and even a night ride in + camp anyone else going?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Scar, others: Jr & I will arrive late Sat for the night time poker run; that's if Extra Shorty loses his tennis match Sat. If he wins (surprise, surprise) then we will not be coming out.

Last year I tried a 55-watt rectangular driving light ($25 for a pair) from Pep Boys, & will have them mounted on our visors, bypassing the headlamps. The latter will get you by for the event, but I found out it's better to see what you're looking at instead of where the front end of the bike is pointing - then again, a full moon would help...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Anyone have any info on the nightime poker run? On there site under upcoming events, it just mentions the enduro Sun.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I just spent hours setting my DRZ up for moto, disconnect headlight,swap tank,...., and then this thread comes along?!
Is there more info on the poker run??

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Re: Poker Run.

All I remember is from last year, & what was stated in this month's newletter: nothing but a one-liner. Remember, this is all volunteered work, by aging hard-core desert-aged enduro riders from years past & now present. It will be fun.

Sign ups take place most of the day Sat. & in the evening. The club meeting takes place between 7-8pm after the ice cream dispension. The gathering for the Poker Run would be between 8:30-9pm Sat. night; more towards 9.

Instructions are to ride the ribboned trail up to a small remote campfire, where you pull up to a guy (Dennis Perrin last year) who fans out a hand; you pull a card & he marks your score sheet. He then points you off in another direction of ribboned trail which eventually leads to a second spot; card pull again, then off to a third @ the start for the same.

I remember three loops, perhaps not more than a mile but seemed like much more due to the slow speeds. Camp is always in side as the loop goes up on an alluvial fan withing the small valley between peaks; little chance of getting lost if you follow ribbon & others.

Riding @ night presents a whole new & fun dimension to riding. It's simply outrageous. You cannot go fast lest you crash, & things look way different, adding to the challenge. If you stall your bike, then in the absence of a battery, it's all-of-a-sudden dark. Imagine how quiet & black things get in a hurry until someone else comes along & you can somewhat see/feel your way around.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Can someone please get me a rool chart and route sheet. I will be arriving late Saturday night around 11pm and I would like to program my computer then rather than in the morning.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
The last poker run I did was ten yrs. ago w/ flashlights taped to teh fender of my CR500. It was fun. See you all Sat night. Look for the Lama looking setup: A Blue Astro Van with a WR250F on the the back.

It just screams full factory ride doesn't it :uh:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
SATURDAY:

8:ish - Xtreme Trail Ride - lead by Steve Boudreaux.

10:ish - Kid's Crafts - hosted by Karen and Kara Knight - Don't forget,
bring along an empty, cleaned, small tuna can or cat food can per each
participant.

10:ish - Sign-ups open till 2:30ish - Michelle Cathorall at the Cathorall's
rig.

??:ish - Ice Cream Trail Ride - Thomas, Sean and I are headed toward the
Outlet Stores in search of somewhere to buy a mid-day ice cream, you're
welcome to join us.

??:ish - Desert Golf Tournament.

7:ish - Deep Creek Ice Cream Social and TWMC General Meeting.

??:ish - Night Time Poker Run - hosted by Dennis Perrin.

SUNDAY

6:45ish - Sign-ups open till 8:45ish

8:00 - keytime for the 13th annual Deep Creek Enduro (Terry: be there around
7:45, since you're always early ;-)

Don't forget - we'll have 25 complimentary San Diego Off-Road Magazines
available at sign-up for your reading pleasure. Thanks to San Diego
Off-Road Magazine.

Also - please fill out a "Rate the Race" questionnaire following the event,
if you have a moment. This info will be used by future Trail Bosses to help
them tailor their events.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Is the poker run something kids can get involded in? (ie - a ten year old on a DS80).

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
See y'all Sunday morning!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I thought so but I rec'd the above from the club e-mail. All I did was cut and paste it in here.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'd be nice if they would start at 8, but the email also says sign ups close at 8:45ish. Maybe it's another one of those, "You pays your money, and you takes your chances" deals. :D

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom