markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
:think: Ive had a few threads and posts deleted recently. One regarding some good quality, privatly made bike parts found on e-bay. Another was a complaint made in regards to Honda’s rim and inner tube set up. None of these posts were offensive. They were informative, and were my opinion regardless of whether it was good or bad.Thats all.

Id like some discussion here with the moderator regarding these issues. I paid for a lifetime membership because I believe in supporting a web site like this that enables us all to share real world info with other riders without all the hype from advertisements in the magazines.I didn’t thing I was supporting an infomercial.

If I take some time to inform others about a negative experience with a product, I’m assuming I can help someone else avoid or prepare for a headache. If I purchased a good quality, home made bike part from e-bay that was 60% cheaper and better quality that the big name brands, I’m going to want to pass the info along to help others who may be wondering about the same item. I don’t want to go through the trouble and have my posts deleted because the moderator doesn’t like my opinion, that is not fair to me as a supporter and it isn’t fair to the guy who may consider my info helpful or at the least, a bit entertaining.

I decided to support your site because It helpful. But if I wanted to just read the posts I could have done that for free. I support the businesses that sponsor your site such as MX Tech Suspension, Eric Gorr engine mods and MX South. I did so because of this site on recommendations from others. I read input from other members on services provided by these businesses and I feel assured that the service performance was as good as they said it was. Should I assume any negative opinions or experiences from other members have been deleted?? Should I be sceptical of supporting your sponsors in the future since I can only assume that if the moderator didn’t like an honest negative opinion that it would simply vanish? If you decide to delete this post then I can only assume your site does not support an open and honest dialogue when it comes to your sponsors. If that happens and this issue isn’t resolved fairly I will fwd a copy of this to your sponsors as they may have some concern.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Whoa, slow down. No need to get all huffy about this.

First of all your Honda rim and valve stem post is in the flame forum.

Second, if your post about Ebay parts was in the For Sale/Wanted forum (origanally) then I would say that I deleted or did and edit on it. We want our members to buy and sell items to/from other members. We do not want Ebay to take a cut from our members so therefore Ebay links are not allowed.

Does this answer your questions ??????

Mully

Top Bottom