Devol Frame Guards & FRP Pipe Guard

renegade

Sep 4, 1999
Has anyone purchased either of these two items for their KDX? I was wondering how the Devol frame guards fit around the rear brake master cylinder.
I called FRP and was told their pipe guard is made out of fiberglass. How does this guard compare in strength to an Eline Accessories guard. Their carbon guards are indestructible but cost about twice as much as the FRP guard. Comments or suggestions?? Thanks.

JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
renegade

I also looked at a Eline guard but could not swallow the price. (:scream:
Talked to Jeff and he told me that he had never broke one. I figure I'm 1/10th the ride that he is so good enough for me. Was out riding this past Sunday and ran into a nasty rock :eek:.The force threw the bike back into the air. Scratched the guard no damage to the pipe. It may not be as trick looking as the Eline but it fits good and does the job.

Jan 10, 2001
I purchased an E-line pipe guard in 98 for my Fatty Rev pipe. It has really protected it from the elements, but is pretty scratched up. Wax seems to shine it up, but it burns off. If the FRP pipe guard had been out, which it may have, I would have gotten it. 99 bucks is to much for a pipe guard. Course the price of a pipe is about $160. But here are the cons of the E-line, the thing is falling apart, I have noticed some internal cracking, and now the Kevlar fiberglass is starting to pull away on the edges. So go with the FRP pipe guard, do just as good, and maybe want fall apart. :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
FRP on the way

I have a FRP pipe guard on the way and it will be here tomorrow for the weekend ride. I had a little ding in the rev pipe and decided to get it protected, I'll let you know when I get it how I like it. But you can buy two of these compared to the price of that other one mentioned above.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Here it is

Fredette Racing Products
31745 Dixie Hwy.
Beecher, IL. 60401
Ph. (708)946-0999 Fax (708)946-3264

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
i can say devol stuff is first class my brother bought a devol skid plate for his kdx and it came with a water pump sheild also "sweet" but a bit more expensive, also did you look at the moose alum. pipe guard, i have it on my bike and it works out great, it polishes out nice and rather than use those screw type pipe clamps i just drilled it then got some short stainless bolts and mig welded them to the fmf pipe then bolted the moose guard right on, it works great and dosent come loose or vibrate like those pipe clamps do you can see my setup on the reader ride pic section.:cool:

Top Bottom