Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A few DRN tidbits.

There have been 8,702,018 views of the currently active posts on DRN.

There are currently 51,909 threads and 399,120 posts.

The DRN database is over 60 gigabytes in size?

DRN averages 215 new members per week.

5,500 new posts per week and

600 new Topics/Threads per week.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Incredible :eek: If there's 215 new members each week, how come you never see hardly any of them post? Anywho, thats a lot of traffic :worship:

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Lol first time I found this place I made a name and posted! Thats some intrestin' info there thoe

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I lurked for about 6 months before I decided to post. I guess it just took me that long for someone to ask a question that I had an answer to :eek:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Say it ain't so Dan! You where that shy?

LOL, J/K big guy.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I to waited a while before posting. Actually I waited a year before joining.

I'm glad those initial posts of mine are long gone. Although. . .they may have been good for a few laughs.

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
I have been on DRN for about 2 years, but I am careful about the questions I ask. I usually do a search to check the archives of the site. I don't want to get thrashed for asking something that has been rehashed many times over. I think that sometimes a very innocent question by a newer member gets handled wrong and scares them away.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
If only we could keep a certain few from posting :p

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've been posting for years now, although I don't think I've ever really contributed anything useful :silly: :confused:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Question for ya Okie.
Do the old stored threads take up a lot of that 60 gig, and if so is the cost of saving them worth it? Or is the main expense of the site having the ability to have 200 users online at the same time? (is that where the band width comes in?)
I hope you dont take offense to these questions, and im not looking for any money numbers here. Its just I dont understand the ins and outs of the internet, or the hardware associated with it, and where the biggest expenses are.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan

The DRN database is over 60 gigabytes in size?

I think it was at 60 BYTES when I joined. :confused:

DRN averages 215 new members per week.

Pretty amazing since there wasn't even 215 members total when I first got here. :) Whoda thunk it!

Top Bottom