DavTys

Jun 29, 2001
Hey, I'm completely new to this racing stuff!! Rode my first race ever at Stillwater last weekend!! What's the difference between an Enduro and a Cross Country? I know there's one here in November!!

Thanks!!:confused:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The traditional enduro you have to keep time over a course that you have not ridden before.
The enduro at Stillwater was called a qualifier format, just go fast in test sections.
A cross country you line up in a row with other riders in the course. When the flag drops it's a mad dash to get the bike started and you race all out for an hour and half to two hours depending on your class.
Some of the trails we play rode at Stillwater(and some of those that you raced on the enduro) are used for the cc race there. The trails are normally wider, less technical , faster trails. The riders in the cc are not as polite as they are in an enduro. They are racing for position, not against the clock. You do get to preride the cc course.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
If I don't work it and it isn't the same day as a BJEC race, I'll race it. How bout you? I don't think I can hang, I'm too out of shape, but it'd be fun.
How are you getting to Dirtweek??

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i think i might give it a try. i'm terribly out of shape too but that hasn't stopped me yet.:D

me and a guy from texas are planning on driving up together. he's a member here but doesn't post. sawblade was considering going with us. as far as i know, neither of them has registered so i may be giving you a call in a few weeks if you still have any vacancies.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
As of now its bswift and me. He has invited another guy and I've invited Craig_enid. But I doubt either of those will go. The trailer will hold several of us.

Top Bottom