difference between tech 8 and 6?

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i just got a pair of tech 6s and i like them alot and i can easily understand why they cost more than other boots. there alot more comfortable and feel alot more sturdier.

whats the differences between them and the tech 8? i know they dont leak like the tech 6 does and that they have a bootie u put on first. are they more comfortable? more protection? what makes them $100 more?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Heres what i know, the bootie that has the gel inserts.. My feet do feel locked in while wearing them.. The latches are aluminum, i think the t-6's are plastic?? Then as far as the t-8's, the wite ones are vented, none of the other colors are..
Rick

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
yea the 6s have plastic straps. i wouldve thought that the black tech8s would have a extra vent becuase they would trap more heat.

tchamberlain

Mar 28, 2002
I just bought a new pair of tech 8s. My last boots were tech 6s. I have red ones and there are air vents on my boots. The black part of the tech 6 that is right above where you shift is a less durable material than what is on the 8s. I wore a hole through my 6s there. I got 1 yr/ 4months out of my 6s and there are in rough shape now. I like the 8s, but I would not have a problem buying tech 6s if that is what was in my price range. You'll be happy with the 6 no question.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've got Tech 6's right now and they are great boots. I've had them for about 2 years but this summer will be buying new tech 8's because the 6's have become too well broke in for my liking. If you don't want to spend the big $$$ on 8's you will not be disappointed with 6's!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Aside from the already mentioned points, if ya have beefy calves and wear kneebraces (like someone I know :o ) the 6's have a bigger opening at the top of the boot than the 8's I like the secure feeling of the 8's but they won't fit me. The 6's are awesome boots, though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…