Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
Im having trouble deciding between the
Tech 8
Tech 10
Forma Pro
AXO RC6

Ive only had a chance to try on the tech 6, tech 8 thuroughly
but i have tried on the tech 10 only for a minite or so.
I felt that the tech 6 didnt have enough protection and felt to movey and bendable. The tech 8 was stiffer, but im wondering if i should just spend 100 more bucks and get the tech 10 which will be a longer lasting boot.

The point is im stuck now. Im gonna go tommorow and try more but im afraid ofmaking the wrong choice which i may regret later in life.(brake my ankle) Anyways i would just like some opinions and remmber im new to biking so i will probly be tipping and crashing a little.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
but im wondering if i should just spend 100 more bucks and get the tech 10 which will be a longer lasting boot.
What makes you think that's the case?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I haven't seen anything anywhere about Tech 10's being more durable than Tech 8's (or 6's for that matter). I have read that the 10's have less apparent support than 8's for what that's worth. I'd get two pair of Tech 6's for the price of one pai of 10's, or better yet Gaerne SG-10's, but that's just me.

i dont know u tell me thats what im asking lol
get the tech 10 which will be a longer lasting boot.

Sorry, sounded like you were making a statement, not asking a question.

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
so u dont think the tech 10s are worth it?

i tried on the 8s and they felt more confortable than the 6s but i heard they are to big a boot and get in the way of shifting? true?

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
o yea i can find tech 8s for $540 and get a deal cause its the end of season. the tech 6 i saw were $400 and the tech 10s were up there at $700.

But if i buy my chest protector and boots and my brother buys some offroad tracker boots for his sport quad. i think i may be able to get a deal of aorund %20 off all stuff.

So im guessing i can get the tech 10s for around total $590 ish

what do u think? or should i grab the 8s cause there just as good?

ALL PRICING CANADIAN

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
$400 + (USD) for Tech 10's? Not worth it to "ME" ....
The Tech 8 is a large boot, wide in the ankles and heavy. Shifting with any new boot takes some getting used to, I got used to the 8's as quickly as any other boot I've had. The Tech 6's are my favorite A-Star boot, enough support, light(er) and an overall good compromise IMHO.

My favorite boot of all I've owned is the SG-10. Great support/protection, not as wide as the 8, but yeah, heavy like the tech 8. Still, the most comfortable, safest feeling boot I've owned.

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
is it really that much more heavy? i didnt notice when i had the tech 6 on my right foot and 8 on my left

oops i keep editing this one. ok so im 17 and i dont think my feet are gonna grow much more. I tried on a pair there that seemed to fit fine but im worried that my foort may grow half a centimeter still or something. I dont think they will tho since ive had 10-11 (CND size) shoes for 3 years. But anyways if i bought one size higher would it be to big or should i be able to feel the toes just touch the end.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Tech 8's shouldn't cost more than $299-325... shop around.
Just like helmets, it is hard to suggest a boot. Everybodies feet are different. The SG-10's are great boots, but I couldn't fit my fat foot comfortably in them. Even though the T8 is a big heavy boot, I find it super comfortable.

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
kelsorat said:
Tech 8's shouldn't cost more than $299-325... shop around.

canadian dollars is different multiply the U.S cost of that buy 1.2 i think and it becomes canadian around 370-400ish. But yea the best price in all stores here i founf was 540 shelf price. Now i can get a discount on the boots maybe 20% that means i can get them for like 450ish(Included taxes) Do u think thats a deal?

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
ok ok i dont know. u guys have given some good pointers but i guess this is a decision i have to make. im gonna go back to the store and see them both again, if i can swing some deals maybe i will buy the tech 10s or maybe ill go online and get em . who knows im just gonna think about some more before i make a decision.
thx for the help

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
i have a question will i have to move up the shifter so that i can shift with my boot?

anyways i have fallen in love with the gaerne sg10s. i can get them for like 40 percent off and they have that wishbone brace that is like crazy support. i just need to know whats the difference between the SG 10 and the SG 10 carbon. If its just a color then it wont matter.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Most of our riding buddies have switched from Tech 8's to Gaerne SG-10's and we are all very happy about the switch. One person switched after a broken ankle in Tech 8's and the SG-10's without a doubt seem to provide more durability and protection, especially in the ankle. You can take a pair of used Tech 8's and fold them right over, side-to-side, at the ankle area. Can't do that with the SG-10's.

Anyways, Garene SG-10's are the boot of our choice. :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
nikki said:
Most of our riding buddies have switched from Tech 8's to Gaerne SG-10's and we are all very happy about the switch. One person switched after a broken ankle in Tech 8's and the SG-10's without a doubt seem to provide more durability and protection, especially in the ankle. You can take a pair of used Tech 8's and fold them right over, side-to-side, at the ankle area. Can't do that with the SG-10's.

Anyways, Garene SG-10's are the boot of our choice. :cool:

What Nikki said, got my SG-10s and won't look back to tech 8's again. I checked out the Tech 10's at a local shop. They seem really bulky and not worth the extra $$$.

Stryke

Jul 19, 2005
im gonna phone and ask if i can order some sg 10 carbon and white later today. What would u say is the best boot to buy for sport quads. My brother was looking at the RC6 AXO but i dont know. He probly wont need major support like a dirtbiker but he still wants to get some good confortable boots.

Top Bottom