Digger and the Dark!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Digger in the Dark!

I broke the kid in tonight. Took him for his 1st night ride tonight out to Cedar Creek. Yep 10yrs old and I have him out out riding in the dark. Startin him out young huh :nod:

I installed a 110watt Bajadesigns stator and Acerbis Diamond headlight onto his CRF100. Now he has more light than my CRFx :whoa: That just sucks. I also slapped on some of those red led valvestem tireflys. They flash red as they go around. Bling bling baby! :laugh:

How did he do...He loved it. I think he rides better at night than he does during the day. I led for a little bit keeping the speeds down so he could get a feel for it, then let him take the lead. He was off like a shot. The headlight on my X is pitifull (35w headlight and 45 watt stator) I can barely see with that setup. With my limited lighting visability He was outriding me a few times out there :)

We ended up cutting it a little short as it was drizzling rain and cold. His legs were getting cold. But I can see that I now have a guarenteed night riding buddy anytime I want to go out. How cool is that :cool:

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
I can see that I now have a guarenteed night riding buddy anytime I want to go out. How cool is that :cool:

Adam sandler voiceover; "the cooooolest"

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SNDMN2 said:
Sonds like the x needs an upgrade. Glad it worked out well.

Oh definately. All it takes is $.....TrailTech can rewind it to 100watts for about $125. Then I just need to upgrade the bulb and its good to go. Just gotta get around to pulling the stator and sending it in. Just gotta find a time when I am not going to need the bike for a few weeks......Yea I know...That time dont exist does it :yikes:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I hear ya. I need to do something with the light on the exc. For starters, I would rather have the 04 design than the 05. I don"t like the way the front brake cable goes in front rather than behind the number plate. It interfers with my front number bag.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…