crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
WOW. i just got done cruising Olympus's website.. what the hell is the difference between them all.. i got lost fast. anyway.. on to the point. Its my fathers b-day hes 55 and he wants a new camera because his Fuji Film broke. Me and my mom were thinking about a digital one that the family could use. I was just wondering if anyone knows a good affordable digital camera that would be good for taking motcross pics but still be good for general family use too. well thanks for any replies.

P.S.
our price maximum is around $375

sweden_345

Jul 17, 2002
Hehe, i think a digital camera that can handel the harsh photo conditions (dust,mud,lots of sun, fast moving bikes) when shooting pictures at the track can handle taking pictures around the house better than anything else :-)

bud

Jun 29, 1999
If you like olympus, maybe the c50 compact would be in your price range? I just got a c 5050 myself. I considered the compact, but there's more I want to do with it than just riding pics. Check out http://www.dpreview.com too.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I have a question,

I have an Olympus C-4000 and I have trouble taking action shots of bikes! There is a delay from the time that you push the button to snap the photo to when it actually takes the shot.
If the bike is in the picture at all its useually just the back wheel! :think:

What gives? Is there something that i can do to change this ?
I hope that it is just me, because I specifically bought this camera to take bike shots.

bundy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You have to account for the delay. You may also want to consider taking the shot from a lessor angle; ie; coming "more" towards you rather than from the side.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I just bought a Toshiba PDR-M25 and so far it's been great. Takes clear pictures and has some nice features. The only things I don't really like about it is the lack of a movie capture feature and that it eats batteries if the LCD is on.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
If your camera has auto focus, you should be able to hold the button down half way to get it focused then snap the shot off when your ready. Also make sure your shutter speed is set high. We had this delay prob with my buddy's Canon S20 <---?Awesome camera by the way, can be had on Ebay for around $220. We figured out that if we pressed the button down half way, it would auto focuc(cause this is whats causing the delay in the first place) After that taking pics was a snap. Here are some examples of shots taken with the S20 Canon, if your not hooked on Olympus, I'd definetly check out a Canon, they are really decent camera's..

http://www.dreamwerx.net/gallery/2002-07-25/BEIDAS23.jpg

http://www.dreamwerx.net/gallery/2002-07-25/BEIDAS04.jpg

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by Chili
Nice pics but who's the goon riding in the sleevless shirt?

Ha ha, I've never been called a goon off the ice before :) It keeps me relatively cool, plus I get a great farmers tan. Chicks dig scars to :aj: :aj:

Top Bottom