Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Has anyone ever used these, and if so do they work/worth the $$$ for them? Wolf ignitions are supposed to be the hot set up and a lot of guys are using them, but you never know if they use them because they work, or if they endorse them for $$$. What do you guys think? :aj:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I have a cynical question about those ignitions that you can switch from low end to high end power
I f they can build it too produce more power thru its timing curve for either low end power or high end power why cant they just make the timing curve more aggressive all the way thru?

Now I can understand a programmable ignition to make the most out of what you put into the motor ,but wouldnt you always want the best spark timing at any given instant not a choice ?

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I spoke with the guys from GP control up at Daytona this week. He brought up an interesting point. For some bikes, such as a few 125's there is litte difference in power output between full throttle and half. They claim to be able to mellow out the power delivery to make the bike easier to control. IE: what you ask for is what you get.

Chris

stevep

Jan 5, 2002
I have used the Wolf system and found them to work very well..
The main principal between them supplying 2 curves is for the racer MX style and then the rider that wants to go woods riding / enduro.
You can't use the same mapping for these two applications so they provide the facility to have them ready to go.
The Mx maps are built for the maximum amount of performance available without creating any issue, and with a call to them they will change to suit your riding style for free.
I have heard they now come with a lifetime warranty as well, so they must be good if they are giving you that.

Good Luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom