Dirt Bike Magazine

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
I know this is fairly minor but I would like to know if anyone else has the same frustration.

Every month when I receive my copy of Dirt Bike in the mail, the cover is shredded and sometimes loose from the rest of the magazine. I usually comes in a plastic bag with a half hearted apology from the postal service. This has been going on for several years! I have complained at the post office and they blame the publisher. I have complained to the publisher and they blame the postal service. Funny thing is, this is the only magazne (of any type) I have ever received that is abused.

I received my new copy today and the cover was completely loose again. I know it's not the magazine it was 25 years ago but I would still like to receive it in one piece since I'm paying quite a bit more for it these days.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Ya know, that's what I thought initially but like I said, Dirt Bike is the only mag that I have ever received that was shredded including the wife's and kid's stuff.

Maybe there's a greenie at the post office who doesn't like orv's .:think

Or......maybe Newman is reading it in the bathroom before he delivers it! :(

Last edited:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
I have the same problem here in Texas. Every month, at least one of the staples is non functional for the cover. Interestingly, my subscription does not come in a plastic bag though.

It is the only magazine I get that is folded, spindled, and mutilated.........

fatty_k

Subscriber
I dont subscribe to the mag but when I buy a copy (rarely) within a couple of days of purchasing it, the cover is completly seperated from the rest of the mag, like you were discribing. I dont even think one of my copies of DIRTBIKE still has the cover on it. Whats with that?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Originally posted by txvintage
I have the same problem here in Texas. Every month, at least one of the staples is non functional for the cover. Interestingly, my subscription does not come in a plastic bag though.

It is the only magazine I get that is folded, spindled, and mutilated.........
The USPS puts it in a bag, with a little apology note, when the cover falls off.

maybe this should be in advanced technology and engineering, so we can talk about new, more durable Magazine cover materials and production methods. :confused:

Do they usually have a stapled cover? I've noticed that a mag with a stapled cover is much more inclined to lose its cover than a glued one.

It's all part of the conspiracy.

As mention here ;)

Hey, how come the links don't automatically appear in bold text anymore?

Last edited:
Mine too! I thought it was our friendly local -postal -workers. I didn't dare complain because I didn't want them to go off or anything like that. :eek:

Re: It's all part of the conspiracy.

Originally posted by VintageDirt
As mention here ;)

Hey, how come the links don't automatically appear in bold text anymore?
Why do I get an "access denied" message when I click on your link?

Re: Re: It's all part of the conspiracy.

Originally posted by spanky250
Why do I get an "access denied" message when I click on your link?
Because I screwed up and that post is in the support team forum. Sorry about that.:confused: