gopat

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 19, 2007
All,
I am thinking about riding the Lincoln Hills trail during the second week of gun Deer season (Thanksgiving weekend). Is the trail closed during this time or is it just not a good idea? Perhaps it would be "acceptable" if I rode between 11am and say 2pm. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
don't do it. stay out of the woods. The hunters get the woods from 11-15 to 12-01. most hunter hate us enough as it is

gopat

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 19, 2007
Yes, Riding at night sounds real tempting. I have a kdx220 and a 10w head lamp that can be mounted to my helmet. Do you know if I can improve the stock head light by using a brighter halogen bulb and perhaps using both high and low filaments?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Don't do it.....it's not worth the risk of getting shot. Go hunting instead if you want to spend time outdoors. :nod:

A couple years ago we had a bunch of snow during dear season. I was hunting near Kalkaska and there was over a foot of snow in the woods. I sat and listened to snowmobiles buzzing around all day long.....sun-up until after sun-down. There does not seem to be as many rules for that crowd.....or they just ignore them.

Top Bottom