dualsporter

Mar 14, 2001
I have never riden a 2 stroke, so my question is, does the KDX 200 act more like a 4 stroke then most other 2 stroke bikes? What I mean is can you "lug" it down like a 4 stroke or does it need to be reved to the max to ride it? I will be using it for trail and hill climping.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
The KDX will be excellent for trail and hill climbing. It has a lot of low end grunt and doesn't need to be revved like MX bikes.

brock29

Jan 15, 2000
i ride a 99 200 and my buddy has a 2000 220 and they both lug pretty well ! if you want a four stroke style the 220 is better. i like mine better but for low end there is no compairson. his is much better! these are both stock so i dont know about with pipes and such? i live in montana so probably very similar riding to yours. both are great bikes you can't go wrong:)

Row2hard

May 25, 2001
Both KDX's will give good bottom/mid range pull. I ride a KDX220 with an FMF Gnarly Pipe/turbine core silencer and the airbox cover removed. Really opened it up - tons of low end, loses steam at high revs vs MX'er but a great bike for riding in woods and tight trails.

Top Bottom