smaggard

Sep 19, 2004
Hi:

I need new pegs for my 1993 KDX 250 and am planning on getting IMS Pro-Series pegs. However the springs are toast, and the pins appear to be pretty well worn (flat spots etc) so I'm wondering if the IMS pegs come with new pins and springs?
If not should I just use a harderned steel bolt and dismiss the springs?

Any suggestions would be great. I've searched for this and just can't seem to find any info on the forums, also RockyMountain and others never seem to list the pins and springs so maybe they aren't ususally replaced?
I got the part numbers from buykawa so maybe I just need to order OEM parts for these?

thanks!
peace
Scott

mitchw

Jan 19, 2003
I just purchased IMS Pro Series pegs for my 96 KDX and they did not come with pins. My springs were also sacked out but the pins were in good shape. I picked up some new springs from my local dealer and, if in your shoes, I would get some new pins as well. I don't recommend using bolts, as they do not have a bearing surface for the pegs to move on. The bolt threads will likely wear in short order causing the pegs to become sloppy. Also, I'm not aware of any aftermarket companies that sell foot peg replacement pins. Good luck. :cool:

Top Bottom