mikhail

Jul 30, 2008
I just bought a '87 kdx200 for $200. The old flywheel is broken, its missing one of the magnetos too and one is broken in half. I know im going to sound like a retard but, I tried gluing it back together, i didnt really expect it to work but it was worth a try. ill take some pics this afternoon if they are needed. the carburetor pin was bent too, I tried bending it back but it broke, ill buy a new one.

I was wondering if there is any way to fix a magneto flywheel, its a $400 part, and im not sure if the bike is worth that much. I checked the plug, im pretty sure its not getting spark, but it was daylight so it was hard to tell for sure.

I was thinking maybe the coil could be out, but thats doubtful. One of the stators is damaged, so could that cause it to not have spark? Ill get some pics for better detail when its light outside. thanks

Hoffies

Feb 26, 2007
Ive heard of quite a few older KDXs magnets coming loose, however I would hesitate to glue not using the correct adhesive/method, there are workshops spesializing in this kind of work. If there are magnets or pieces missing just remember that the flywheel will be out of balance causing vibration(not so good!) Normally the flywheel is balanced again after repairs. Depending which stator is damaged(lighting or exciter/pickup for CDI) and what kind of damage you are refering to(wire windings damage) , this could also be a problem> I hope this will help

bigbolx

Dec 25, 2007
welcome to the wonderful world of the "C" model!!!
new flyweels on ebay stores for $125, search = kawasaki tecate quad 3+4,
same price for replacement stator,or upgrade to an 80W,
check your main bearings for play and flywheel nut for tightness, if the flywheel moves out of square the magnet edges can catch on the stator thus knocking them off!!!

Top Bottom