Do V Force reeds make my bike mod class

Feb 8, 2009
Rule book

Thanks for your reply, I have read the rule book. It states changes to internal engine. I was hoping for someone that has been in this position.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Where do you race? The best advice would be to ask the local track official what their read on that rule / replacement part. That won't be the final answer but about as good as you could reasonably expect besides just not doing it. If I were giving the reas on the rule I'd say they were OK as the reed block bolts to the case and therefore would be considered like a pipe. Of course if you are racing LL then they might be more of the opinion stock is stock even though they let sandbagging occur :)

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
In an AMA sanctioned race reeds would be considered a MOD...But almost all races I've been to are mod class rules even though they are AMA. They are considered MOD unless stated STOCK. For instance, when qualifying for Loretta lynns you will ride both stock and mod...But usually at local races you ride mod.
Its totally different in the 50cc classes because by AMA rules there are no MODs allowed whatsoever.

Of course there is California stock...AKA .080"over. Wink. Out west the rules are a lot more grey but then they are only AMA during LL qualifiers.

Top Bottom