RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
hey everyone, i am thinking about investing in V- force reeds and their 3 petal chamber. Do you think this is a good idea? i know it will give me a lot more power, but i only ride with friends on trails and stuff. saying that, are these reeds the right ones for what i am riding?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I wouldn't say a lot more power is to be had but a noticable change. I'm quite happy with them on my son's CR125, I suspect they will be a good addition to your RM85 as well.

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
i installed them at the same time with my sst pipe but i noticed a huge difference in low end pull and response also i had a ton of top end but i think the top end was due to my pipe. i duno if you get them and you are thinking about getting a pipe the sst and v-force3 are a good mix awesome all round power. i ride dunes trails and occasionally the track and for trails i can ride slow without bogging and in the sand i can ride 3rd gear pinned in places were i used to be in 4th because of the over rev of my pipe also it is just scary responsive.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
it's alright derek. as i said in another thread, i am having problems with my clutch plates, and we have a guy that will fix that problem. saying that, my dad said that we'll do a tune up (top end, etc.). so he said we might get v-force reeds.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You can get Boyesen Reeds that will mount in the stock reed block.. But the VForce reed block as a special clamp system that won't accommodate the Boyesen reeds.

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
the boot going into the reed block may need to be modified on some models. on mine i had to cut two tabs out of the boot for more air flow. and like indy said no boyesen reeds will not fit. when it's time to replace them you have to buy tanisauri reeds for the vf3 block.

Top Bottom