do you switch your grip for different obstacles?

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I'm not talking about the rubber grip. I'm referring to how you grab the throttle with your hand. I think I heard someone recently say overgrip when you're going to accelerate, and grip in a neutral position when braking.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I do this alot, and probably more often than I am conscious of. Its most noticable in corners before a long straight or in the air just before accelerating hard down a receiver. Over-gripping the throttle allows me to twist the throttle all the way to the stop and leave it there while my arms are in a comfortable attack position. You can pretty much just relax your grip a little coming into a corner to get a more neutral position for braking. Re-gripping seems to be the best way to synchronize throttle position and body position. It also seems to reduce arm pump because your wrist is not constantly locked in an isometric contraction.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
The only places where I am aware of changing my grip is in the air and coming into corners. I try to relax my grip in the air and also grip my tank and seat with my legs coming into corners, this lets me relax the grip on the bars a bit.

Top Bottom