Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I've had my Asterisk for about 3 months or so now, when I started out with them they started with just a blister on the back of both my legs (right where the knee bends, on the inside part of the leg). Now, where I ride alot it has turned into about a 1/2 inch wide 2 inch long raw piece of flesh that doesn't fell to good thruout the week. I've got the knee socks to wear under the Cells, I've tried not to tighten the straps and cables to tight (to the point to where I felt comfy that they still felt stable to do there job). So does everyone with these braces have this problem, is this a tradeoff you have to accept for knee protection, am I missing something on a adjustment that will prevent this from happening, is anyone going to reply to this thread or is it going to sit dormant like 97% of the others in here :nener: ?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No problems like that here....

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I had a similar problem. Identical raw spots, 3" wide by 1" tall on the backs of my legs just above the knees. This was with wearing the undersleeves too.

What finally solved the problem was removing or skipping the lacing of the lower lace set of the upper closure strap.

Check out this thread, and other posts by MX-727. I think there's a picture that help explains this in his gallery.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=53971&highlight=asterisk+lace

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Thanks Smit-Dog, I just didn't dig deep enough. I knew I had read something about issues about this,but didn't come across anything recent, but I would say 727 and I were/are possibly in the same boat. I just didn't feel comfy leaving the braces to slack (bad knees ya know) but with with all the other adjustments you can make plus the fact that part of them go into your boots, I suppose you don't have to have a buddy at the track come over and yank on the cables to sinch them down, before you slip on your pants. Thanks for the heads up on the fix, even if I had to live with it, the braces would be worth it, I can actually walk after a day of hard riding, before I had them my knees would kill me for at least a day afterwards.

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
:nod:
I'll give it a try, thanks!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom