Does this make any sense to anyone?

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Im sure most of you remember my post about two new dirt bikes that got stolen the day after I bought them.
Today the dealer calls and talks to my wife. The lady told her they cant register to get my titles for the bikes because they were stolen. She sugested that we report the bikes were found, regester for the titles and once we get the titles to report them stolen again. That makes no sense to me, but also would be a felony to lie to a goverment agency. I paid cash for the bikes and paid all title fees when I bought them. The titles are the only proof I have of ownership other than the reciepts I have. I have every right to have the titles to these bikes. Am I missing something here? Maybe they should just give my money back and then they can claim the bikes stolen. I know I will have to call these idiots but has anyone ever heard anything like this before?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It's smells kinda fishy, I would ask the cops want they think of that shady idea

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
do not do it. You are the owner once the bikes are paid for and the title deliverred. If you follow their advice you would open a door for the bikes to be registerred by the thiefs before your paperwork goes thru.
I would expect the dealer to continue the paperwork in a normal fashion which would redflag as stolen but with the police report this would be easily explained and overcome.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I think you have your proof right there that it was an inside job. Report it to the police, and more importantly, the insurance company.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
"Hi my name is Jack and I work at _______. We sold you your bikes."

That's not hard to fake. See if said person really works there, if they called you anyway. If she does go talk to her in person and see if she really talked to you on the phone. If not, you may have narrowed down your search for the thieving bastages.

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Quick update, I just got off the phone with the state DMV and they said because the bikes were stolen they were put on a national stolen vehicle registry and they cant be titled. This prevents anyone from making a fake bill of sale, any work being allowed on the bikes and getting a out of state title for them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom