SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
last year my brother bought a harley from a friend of mine who owns a small shop.my friend had bought 20 or so harleys from a guy who was buying wrecked harleys,fixing them,then selling them with rebuilt "custom"titles.the titles on the bikes were from west virginia.my brother bought a 2003 heritage soft tail, went straight to the court house, tagged and insured it and rode it for several months before selling it.last month the fbi took that bike,along with 30 or more from this area.all are stolen or have stolen parts.they are looking at a total of close to 500 harleys all together.now the guy my bro sold his to is suing him for the 15k. my bro has to sue the guy he bought it from...big mess.most of these people had added several thousand dollars of extras to these bikes, the feds would not let them remove the add ons. gone.all these bikes had CLEAR TITLES from west virginia. this ring of theives would hit the big bike shows and rallys, steal bikes, switch case covers, trans, frames, motors. then apply for custom built title with the new case #. now the feds are screwing all the honest guys...the ring leader was shot to death by the state police a couple of months ago, BEWARE THE "GOOD DEAL" !!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
SINGLETRAC said:
....all these bikes had CLEAR TITLES from west virginia.... the ring leader was shot to death by the state police a couple of months ago..

Hmmm,... houston, I think we found the problem!!!! :whoa:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
State of West Virginia made these bikes 'LEGAL', it was their 'system' that titled these bikes before they were sold. I would think they should share in the $responsibilty$

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
Shaw520 said:
State of West Virginia made these bikes 'LEGAL', it was their 'system' that titled these bikes before they were sold. I would think they should share in the $responsibilty$
my feelings exactley.. they dont hesitate to take your money. im sure the feds ran this thru ncic and found all the hot bikes in just minutes. why not do that up front ??? aaahhhh, your tax dollars at work !! :yell:

Top Bottom