Status
Not open for further replies.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
so im sure everyone has seen travis pastrana do that double backflip. but i dont know if everyone knows this or not but the guy has a launch ramp with a big foam pit for him to practice his tricks on at his house! I guarantee he never would have been able to do it without having that at his house. Wish we were all that lucky to have a track or something similar in our backyards.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
cawkazn said:
so im sure everyone has seen travis pastrana do that double backflip. but i dont know if everyone knows this or not but the guy has a launch ramp with a big foam pit for him to practice his tricks on at his house! I guarantee he never would have been able to do it without having that at his house. Wish we were all that lucky to have a track or something similar in our backyards.
:coocoo: :whoa:
I don't think anybody that rides doesn't know he uses a foampit. In fact at DW05 several people were lucky enough to be invited to Kenny Bartrams house to use his pit. :)

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
yeah too bad all of us arent lucky enough to have rich parents buy us foam practice pits.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
oldguy said:
:coocoo: :whoa:
I don't think anybody that rides doesn't know he uses a foampit. In fact at DW05 several people were lucky enough to be invited to Kenny Bartrams house to use his pit. :)

I was lucky enough to be one of those people. It was the chance of a lifetime, I will tell my grandkids about it!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cawkazn said:
yeah too bad all of us arent lucky enough to have rich parents buy us foam practice pits.
uh, I think Travis has made plenty of his own money putting his body on the line for your video entertainment.

Same with Kenny Bartram.

jealousy is such an ugly emotion . . .

kta176

Jan 12, 2007
MXobssesed4 said:
I'm sure Travis made a nice chunk of change from his racing days.
I'm sure he's made a lot more since he left pro racing then he ever did back then, even with him being a factory rider. He's one of the most recognizable riders out there

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I think that there is a good chance that Travis helps his parents pay the bills. In other words, he pays his own way. That being said, he is fortunate to have parents that support his decision to participate in such dangerous activities. The foam pit has been featured in most (if not all) of the Nitro Circus movies.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
yeah he made alot of his own money from racing, but didnt he also have his own track in his backyard? thats a luxury most people dont get to have and its having his own track that allowed him to practice so much and become as good as he was. And this was before he got all his money from racing. point im trying to make is that if all of us were lucky enough to have our own track to practice on or whatever we could get that much better.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Whaaaa Whaaa Whaaaaa. Geezusss, put a cork in it you crybaby whiner.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So I guess you're saying if everyone had a back yard track, they'd be as good as TP is on the bike? Or, if we all had a foam pit, we'd all be doing double back flips?

I think you are missing something here.

1) Dedication, drive, desire.
2) Natural ability
3) Commitment

There are MANY successful racers that didn't have the luxuries, but had 1,2 & 3 in TRUCK LOADS. You can have Bill Gates as a dad, several personal tracks, 20 bikes, all of it....and still SUCK.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
nope you guys got it all twisted as usual and got something smart to say and twist it around. im not crying about it :coocoo: :whoa: . im not saying we would all be as good as tp and doing double backflips. Im simply saying all of us are not lucky enough to have our own practice track that we can practice on everyday when we come home from school or work. and although having your own track wont make you as good as tp or what not it will make you better. If you have your own track and are able to ride alll the time your skill will get better. The point im trying to make is that if we all had our own tracks we could definetly improve. as for everyone being as good as one of the best people in the world on a dirtbike.....I dont think so

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Well, you sure have a round about way of getting to the point.

MAYBE you should consider how you say/write things. Trust me, 9 out of 10 people that read the first posts in this thread will assume you're a whiner and would/will react just like everyone else has. Or, maybe you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're still a whiner in my book, and a general PITA on this forum to boot. Hopefully that is clear enough for you. ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You know I have cut you alot of slack figuring you were some 10 year old kid that just doesn't get it. I finally looked at your profile and unless you lied you are a 24 year old that just doesn't have a clue.
The origonal point I got from your thread was WOW I just made a discovery about a top secret to TPs success.
Your follow ups were of the type OH well he is just a spoiled kid and if I had what he had as a kid I would be just as great
Sorry no more slack from me I am calling you on your idiotic posts until you grow up

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
cawkazn said:
Im simply saying all of us are not lucky enough to have our own practice track

Just exactly what does luck have to do with it?

I am not lucky to be alive and riding.. It's only thru the hard work of my doctor that I am alive right now. And it is my hard work that I have 2 motocross bikes I get to ride when I choose.

Luck played no part in it at all.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
ok :cool:

I never once said that he is a spoiled kid and that if I had my own track I would be just as good. But in my opinion any kid with his own track could be considered spoiled. And if I did have my own track being as good as tp (which I never said I would) I dont know about that ,but I can gurantee I would be alot better than I am now if I had my own track. If you dont have the luxury of having your own track or foam pit you will never be able to reach your full potential. Theres no way tp would be able to accomplish what he did without having a pit like that.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
if I'd had a track at home growing up . . .

I'd suck just as much, but I'd just have worn out more tires and bikes.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If I had my own track growin up,

I'd be BrAAAAApn' all day long :ride:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Matt 193 said:
If I had my own track I wouldnt enjoy riding as much because I did it every day all day.

I ride almost every day on my land and I get bored on it , but I still love riding at new places with new trails and new jumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom