DRN member KNiles812 went down hard

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
One of my son's and my good friends and fellow DRN member Kevin Niles went down hard last Sunday while riding at Sunset Ridge in Illinois. Kevin hit a large double but overjumped the landing by an estimated 40 feet and endo'd into the takeoff of the next jump. His injuries are severe enough he is still hospitalized (altho they did transport him back to a hospital near his home on Monday night) and had surgery today on his arm.
His injuries are a broken arm in multiple places which was surgically repaired today, bruised ribs and lungs. He also has a lacerated liver and messed up (his dad's words) ankle.

Thank fully Kevin was wearing all of his protective gear and his chestprotector took so much impact it is now deformed in the front panel.
Spider is going to visit him on Thursday and will tell him about this post so please pass on some well wishes to him as he is a great kid (19 years old but still a kid to me) and is going through some tough times with the pain and healing.
These are a couple shots of Kevin from last season :cool:

a3-15.jpg

akcopy.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
cuz you don't want *me* to come up there in my nurses outfit!

Believe me, you don't want that. :yikes:

Hang in there Kevin. :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From one rider bitten at Walnut to another.... heal up soon Kevin!! Overjumping by 40 feet.... that's pretty insane! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
ok i got three things for you kevin 1) get well soon 2) overjumping by 40 feet is pretty sweet (even though u crashed) and 3) why were you racing in a button up and tie? :whoa:

Top Bottom