Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
It saddens me to report that another of our own has gone early to be with our maker. Jay King was a resident of Central TX for his entire life. He became a member of the Waco Ealges Motorcycle Club more than 35 years ago and lived and breathed motorcycles everyday of his life. Jay was probably best known for his ability to talk but he was one of those guys that would do anything for you and you didn't have to ask.

Jay and his brother-in-law called me a few weeks ago and demanded that I join them for a ride at the track after work, I did. Only minutes after gearing up, the two of them hit each other and both went down. Jay was transported to the hospital and diagnosis revealed most of his ribs in his left back were shattered, punctured lung, bleeding spleen, shoulder blade, collar bone, and perhaps kidney damage were among the injuries. Jay was wearing every bit of protective gear you can own but the impact was so great which at least gave him a fighting chance. After 2 weeks in SICU in Waco he was transported to Austin where he was expected to begin rehabilitation and start on the road to recovery, unfortunantly that never happened. After only 1 day at the center he was moved to SICU in Austin where he passed away the next day.

Jay had made many friends over the years throughout our part of the country and will be dearly missed.

We will be setting up a trust fund in the near future to help the family with expenses endured throughout Jay's hospital stay for those willing to assist.

If you knew Jay and would like to drop a word to his friends and family, I'll include a link. I didn't ask Okiewan first but knowing him the way I do I'm sure he won't mind.

Jay King #113

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
sorry to hear that jeff. For a sport to give so much, it can take a lot too. RIP Mr. King and we will see you on the other side.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sad indeed, Jeff. RIP, Jay!:(

Top Bottom