Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
DRN is really growing in popularity. It seems that the word is getting around just how popular this place has become.

Today there was the thread about the mention of us "geriatrics" in DirtBike mag....great exposure even if it was a bit of a rib towards us old guys. :)

And also, today I got a PM from Donn Meada of TWMX. He has just joined our flock and the first thing he saw was my flame on his mag!
BTW...He didn't call me a meany or an ass...lol. But he did mention that it was kinda trippy that the first thing he saw when he joined here was my flame and me addressing him by name.

Bob, you are gonna be one of the major players soon, if not already! I feel kinda special being involved in your club, man. Rock on DRN!
:thumb:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I was surprised to see Donn's reply to your post this morning. He is definitly one cool guy, I wouldn't be surprised if alot of other top people read this site (actually I think most of the "top people" are people like Eric, Rich, and others, it doesn't get any better than having the smartest guys in the industry on call 24/7!)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
You have to wonder about all the "word of mouth" and hits this site gets. We are knocking on the door of 20,000 members so I am sure SRKXRDR is correct. I'll bet most major Mag's check us out to see how "WE" the people that ride are talking, no mater what we are talking about. ;)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
But if they really wanna know what we think they'll have to shell out for access to this exclusive members only steam room :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hopefully they will get the idea that we do care about noise because that tends to get riding areas closed down. If they would criticize the db levels of the production and after market pipes maybe, MAYBE we would not go the way of the dinasoars.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
am i missing something here, brian? where did the noise thing come from?

i used to feel kinda special when i rode the short bus. :o

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I guess I was up on my soap box with nothing else to say. The mags need to take a hard look at the noise level of bikes and try to focus the performance companies to bring the db levels down on their pipes.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I don't know if this has been brought up before. It's great to be noticed by all of these mags, but looking at the big picture here, DRN should rightfully have its' own magazine. This site is overwhelmed by some very smart, talented, experienced members(mods), and if I need some dirtbike info this place is my moto-encyclopedia; not the magazines. As our membership #'s clearly show, this site's popularity is growing on a daily basis, because it fill a niche in the market. I'm not afraid to say that DRN is one of the most informative, tools out there, and If they were to step into the magazine ring, some of those other publications would definately have something to be worried about!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
BT, sorry, DRN has integrity, who the heck would sell us advertising or send us bikes to ride or stuff to test, if all we are going to give is an honest opinion. To stay in the game we would have to sell out, play the marketing and sales game, sell advertising space. The first thing these guys would want to shut down would be the fLame forum, and then have all other forums censured etc ...... we have soul, depth, integrity.

Hey, maybe the good folks who buy and ride dirtbikes would go crazy for this idea, may be a killer mag !!! :think: ....

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
BB, a mag with integrity, what was I thinking? These nights must really be getting to me :confused:
Call me naive, but with a little ingenuity I believe it could be done without sacrificing DRNs' integrity.
I, for one would have no problem investing into something that will improve the future of our sport.
:thumb:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
BigLou (between bites of Lasagna) said:
If we start a magazine, I got dibbs on being food critic...
Can I be the hunting editor? Or I could be the whine editor, since I already drive the Waaaahmbulance! ;)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
personally, I'd like to see all of the moto mags get a copy of the DW video. That way they could get a chance to see the "real" riders/fans in action. ;) LOL, I could just imagine what a drop in subscription they would have in for some unfortunate reason I happen to be caught in a pic with my old beater and Wally world jersey! :) Then think of Okie's embarassment when they spot the DRN stickers on the bike and chest protector! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by slo' mo
personally, I'd like to see all of the moto mags get a copy of the DW video. That way they could get a chance to see the "real" riders/fans in action. ;)

:) Just as long as it's edited for content! Could you imagine what they would say after seeing Elk in a tutu washing Twinnie's bike? :eek:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Why would we want a magazine with a two month lead time when we already have an interactive real time trove of dirtbike information? :yeehaw:

I think the magazines would rather have a site like this.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU

Could you imagine what they would say after seeing Elk in a tutu washing Twinnie's bike? :eek:

I'm with ya brother!:thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk

I'm with ya brother!:thumb:

I'm just thinkin' of my "Thin Blue Line Brother" ;) Ya know, What happens at DW stays at DW, and that sort of thing. Well at least the line will be drawn at the ST door :) At any rate Elk, best of wishes to you and Twinnie in the 'Smack Talk Race' I don't care who wins, it's all about the Brotherhood of DRN. You all (and me someday) get to have fun, ride and carry on, That's what is soo much fun about this site. It's all good after everythings been said :)
You , Twinnie and Thump will enjoy an adult beverage after the festivities and the laugh that will be heard will resound. Good Luck at DW!
Best of luck to all!

Phillip

Top Bottom