BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey guys, I've been looking at the Dirt Week pics again, so, I gotta be thinking about a spring ride. I've been working on my riding area and believe I can host a weekend of riding and bench racing that can suit a wide range of riders.
This would be the type of open riding that would work out to be GP-enduroX with plenty of places to shoot video and pics. Plenty of room for camping out, bomb fires, and general hanging out. No organized "bar-to-bar" racing but a grudge match or two would prove to be fun.
Now, with the economy pretty flat, this gathering would not likely attract folks more than 300 miles away but then again, many older DRN members have made much more epic road trips to ride for a weekend.
Kinda looking at a spring break time frame, Memorial Day Weekend open as well, so let me know if there is interest.

Last edited:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Location?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Still in Oklahoma. I need a few more weekends of dozer work and some ideas from guys like, mx547 to get things ready. Some more brush clearing and we would be good to go.
Weather wise, spring break in OK is a crap shoot. Could be 80 and sunny or 6 inches of snow. This location is no comparison to LTM or Cooperland by any stretch. The MX course (not track) will be approximately 2 mins for slow guys and 80-90 secs for the faster guys. One big step-up and step-down with plenty of other obstacles to test your skills. Since I'm building the obstacles, don't expect 90' triples and huge gap jumps. Depending on the moisture in the soil, the course may be a bit longer. For the woods guys, there is plenty of challenging creek crossings, rocks, roots, and trees. While it is not large, again, there is plenty to test your skills. There is no RED dirt to stain your gear, LOL!
To me, the best part is that everything is close by so shooting video and pics will be great. Plenty of room for camping and nearby motels if needed. I could work out a BBQ dinner as well. A pot-luck feast would definitely be in order, Tri-tips, Jumbalia, grilled shrimp, Chili, all of you Dirt Week vets know what I mean!
The big thing to remember is this is would not be a racing event, so freshly packed stock silencers are a must. And the time is not set it stone. Spring Break falls right in the middle of SX season and not all schools take the same week off. Selecting a time is just one hurdle and then the rest of the planning just has to fall in line. As in the past, if the only way you can make it is to fly to Tulsa, we'll get you here and make sure you have a bike to ride, just ship your gear ahead of time. For me, 20-30 folks would make this a great get together but fewer or more would still be great.
PS. I don't have kids so you folks that do and would like to come help pic the date.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
PK, there is a private strip 5 miles away with tie downs. I know the owner so let me know if you want to fly in!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
FYI, located 4.5 hours from Dallas and 4 hours from KC. Easy access.

Top Bottom