m_champoux

Mar 29, 2001
Hi !!

I was wondering if someone has drop the triple clamp more than 10 mm and if the tire was rubbing !!

We made a small grass track with a lot of tight turn and my friend has beat me by 5 sec. Imagine, he has a XR400 :whiner: . I really have to setup my bike correctly !! :silly:

Thanks !!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You're referring to raising the fork tubes in the clamps?

Obviously, at some point there will be a problem. Will depend a whole lot on if the bike is setup spring/valve wise to the weight/style of the rider.

I rode with mine 5mm up for awhile...didn't have any trouble.

If you're having hi-siding (wash out) problems, that's more likely a rebound issue. It's rebound pressure that keeps your front-end planted.

You COULD adjust your fork rebound....if you had such an adjustment. Lacking that, the proper spring/valve setup gets to be real important!

You might loosen your compression clickers some?

Sorry if this is way off track. You may well have your suspension setup perfectly.

One final insult, then....your race sag is correct? You might try losing 5-10mm or so to that setting (from 100 to 95mm for example).

Good luck!

m_champoux

Mar 29, 2001
Thanks for the advice !!

But I have the <A href="http://www.dirtrider.net/cgi-bin/clickpro/click.cgi?id=21" target="_blank"><b><u>pipe</u></b></a> and silencer, I also put XR400 springs (.40) and adjust SAG and preload. Next thing, add two teeths for the rear sprocket, reed valve and WER steering damper.

I think my real bet is to practice and beat the slow XR !! :D

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Defnitely practice! You've got a faster bike and you're racing on grass. I remember my 1st lap ever on a MX track on a KX125. A kid on a 60 beat me, but two weeks later that little **** was eating my roost!! :)

Grass track sounds fun. I'd have to opt for a nearly worn out rear tire-ride no lower than 1/2 thottle and hang the ass out! Of course there won't be much grass left after this! Enjoy, you'll get him!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom