Cordova

Sep 8, 2000
on my 00' KDX 200 I have a Turbine core 2 silencer, and the stock pipe. And when I got it I seen nothing coming from the pipe/silencer connection. ever since I took my silencer off to check the packing, oil has just poured from it lately. My nice swingarm, boots, and everything are covered in the junk. I think It might have something to do with the position the rubber stop is set at, I might not have it set in the right place to stop the leaking. Do you think I should take the silencer back off, and clean up around the connection, and make everything go together right, or might I need to get another stopper? If so where could I find one. This was a continuous problem on my old YZ I had. And now that its been torn down, and striped to pieces :p. I have it on the KDX. I know alittle bit, is going to sneak out every once and awhile, but this is overwhelming. Any help is aprecatied.

Chris
--------------------------------------------------
00' KDX 200
I may ROCK, but im not made of STONE.

------------------

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I have an FMF pipe and TC2 silencer. When I installed mine I lathered the rubber boot with silicone rubber (I use this stuff alot huh) then put tie wraps around each end and it hasnt leaked yet(not many rides yet though) If you have that much spooge coming out of your pipe then maybe you need to rejet the carb. Stock is too rich.

------------------
Mac
00-KDX-200

Cordova

Sep 8, 2000
Thanks mac, I had the guys I purchase the bike from rejet the carb before I picked it up. A couple of young guys done it, riding the next day the throttle hung open in 2nd and almost killed me. They didnt get the slide back together the right way. I dont know how to jet one, I am trying to learn everything I can about this bike, and others for that matter. I have the Stock pipe, and the TC11 silencer. I run Moblie one 2-stroke oil, at 4 oz. to 1 gallon. I dont know what they set it to but It did fine untill like I said I took it off to check the packing. Thanks again

Chris
------------------------------------------------------------------
00'KDX 200
I may ROCK, but im not made of STONE.

------------------

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
it kind of sounds to me like your packing is oil saturated, but I have no idea how the FMF silencers are put together (I know newer stockers are not packable). I've recently started running the Mobil MX2T oil and have been very happy with it, although I've noticed more oil being thrown from mine also. If you suspect your bike might be rich then try adjusting your air screw some, just a thought.

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the airscrew for idle and just above??

Cordova, you need to check the plug and possibly rejet.

You also need to re-pack the exhaust on a regular basis. The oil you put in the gas has to go somewhere, and the packing is one of those places.

You can use the expensive "FMF" packing material, or do as I (and several others do) and just use regular fiberglass insulation from a hardware store. Dirt cheap and works just as well.

------------------
Nobody loves a Charlie in the box...

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
Do you have the boot that connects the silencer to the pipe on in the right direction? One end is bigger on the inside than the other.

------------------

Top Bottom