jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
:scream: I went to replace my bars today and after I cut the left grip off I went to the Thottle grip and started cutting, Well it looks like Suzuki has hs molded the throttle tube and the grip together, has anyone else replaced the grips and do you have to get a new thottle tube?:confused:

Jim

Apr 19, 2000
Ya your right it seems like they bond the grip with the tube.
I changed mine and it took a lot of time with a razor blade.
Just shave it off and it will work just fine, try and get off as much as you can.
There is no easy way that I know of.:)

jdiaz

Oct 30, 2000
Suzuki did the same thing with my SV650 streetbike! I don't know what it is about their throttle grip supplier..... :)

OBTW, you may as well hacksaw the end of the throttle tube off right now, if you plan on adding any barkbusters.

Jon

Vinnyl26

~SPONSOR~
Dec 8, 2000
I just changed my grip...I would say it took me about a hours to get that dam grip off....I just used a razor and did the best i could. next time i have to replace my grips, I bought a eplacement throttle tube from Motion Pro. The end cap pops off on them!!

Sigster

Jun 16, 2000
I was hesitant to change the grip after I looked it over and saw how it was bonded to the throttle tube. Then my buddy and I put some brush guards on his 2000 RM. We changed the grips in the process. It wasn't that bad so I figured what the hell. I took my brush guards off and proceeded to remove the throttle grip. Well the DRZ grip was much harder to get off. A razor blade got the big stuf off and some sanding screen in a 200grit got the rest. It took about 45min. All in all not really that bad. I was expecting worse.

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Thanks for the help

Okay, I used a razer a knife and a lot of elbow grease last night and got the old grip off. but in the mean time I did a moocow thing and stripped out the throttle tube housing:( Looks like a trip to honda/suzuki north this morning:eek:

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Dr.billZ

Scraped mine down in about 10 minutes with a utility knife............all those years of P-texing skiis came in handy :)

Most all new bikes come with the grip vulcanized to the tube.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom