Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
Has anyone tried these yet? Supposed to be a more durable version of the D756.

Here are the bullets on Dunlops site

• Value-priced off-road tire handles wide variety of terrain and conditions.

• High-durability construction for long wear and great traction.

• Patterned after popular D752 tire, modified for outstanding durability.
Rocky Mountain ATV has the 110/90-19's for $50.99+8.00 S/H
Sounds like a good deal if they last longer than the D756's

HGaither

Oct 23, 2000

I used on at the Hatfield-McCoy trails this past weekend for 3 days. Very good traction in all but the most slippery mud. I am not sure that any tire made would get good traction in one particular spot . Almost no signs of wear. I would definitely buy another one.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
How much did you pay? What were you using prior to the 952 and how do you thing they differ?

HGaither

Oct 23, 2000

I was using the stock Dunlop,I can't recall the # right now. On a crf450. I think the 952 is going to be a good all around tire. It sure seemed to work good in a variety of conditions, from loose , steep coal dust hills to very rocky to sandy to slick mud. I believe I paid $67.00 from motosport outlet.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad this thread came up. I'm looking for a new tire and will give this one a try. I always liked the 752 so we'll see how this one works. Paragon should be a good test for it Captian.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
mine just arrived. i already have a very similar tire in terms of knob shape and tread pattern and spacing.

so guess which tire that was?????

Shinkei Holeshot!!! i won it on the raffle.

i wont practise on new tires, so we will have to wait for a race before i give a report. hope it works better than that shinkei though, LOL!!!

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I loved the 752, its all I ran when racing before college. I was quite disapointed to find it is no longer made when I started riding again this spring....I have a 756 which is ok but wears quickly (so did the 752 though). I think I will give the 952 a try:)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Anyone try the 952 front? The 752 front was a good one, but lost the edge knobs so quickly.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I rode with the 952 for 2 days in the rocks and it held up amazingly well. The hook up was as good as I remeber the 752 being but it really did hold up better. I will be getting another one for sure.

I never had any luck with the 752 front so I suspect the 952 isn't any better. The 756 always worked better for me.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
My wheels are at the shop getting the 952's put on right now. Gonna do a 55 mile poker run this weekend to test them out. They were $86 for the set at my local dealer. 90/100-21 front and 110/90-18 in the rear.

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
bedell99 said:
I have to admit this is one of the best tires I ever rode. Very good. I give it an A+.

Erik

What kind of terrain did you try 'em in?
BTW, Thanks for the bunch of stuff....

Tracy

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
I started this thread about a month and a half ago because this tire peeked my interest. After reading a couple of reviews I went and bought a 110/90-19 at a local shop for $59.

So here is my review

After 4 trips to the track and 2 or 3 to the Arizona desert I can honestly say that this tire hooks up good and wears like iron. Out of the tires that I have recently tried, Dunlop D756, Maxxis IT, Michelin S-12, the D952 is the best. The 756 and the S-12 hooked up good but didn't last as long as I would like. The S-12 lasted longer than the D756. The Maxxis IT wore well but was a little squirrelly at times and was removed before it really wore out (I still have it in case I need a tire in a pinch). I usually change my rear tire about every other month and I have had the 952 on for one month and it hardly has any ware on it. I gage this by comparing the side knobs, which do not get much ware, with the center knobs and the center knobs are slightly shorter the side knobs after one month. I usually change my tire when the center knobs are half the height of the side knobs. At this rate I may be able to get three months out of this tire. I give it an A+, it hooks up good, wears good and has a good price tag. It is a win, win , win rear tire. I have not tried the 952 front as of yet. The D755 front is next on my list to try. Anyone have any thoughts on the D755 front?

Scott

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I think the front 755 performs much like the 756 front, which in loam or anything half-way soft is pretty good...but they are too skatey for me in the often hardpacked and super rocky conditions of mid-southern Missouri. I like the new 742 for these conditions.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The dunlop rep tells me that the 755 is no longer available. If I find some, I plan on buying a few. Reaaaally like that tire on the front.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
No problem Tracy,

I rode on intermediate to hard conditions. Hooks up like a 756 and has been wearing like iron. I'm very impressed.

Erik

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i liked mine today on a hardpacked track. good hookup and nice predictable powerslides.

but if you dont care about performance and just want a tire that will do more miles than a ford explorer, get the maxxis IT. my 952 is well worn after 1 ride.

btw- i tried the maxxis SI front today and its ace!!!!

Top Bottom