SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I know there's already a bunch of topics on this movie, but it's so good it needs another one.

Yesterday I finally saw D2G, the local movie store had a copy for rent. All I have to say is I am completely blown away! I've only ever read about Baja online and in the mags, but D2G paints the Baja 1000 in a completely different light. The guys racing it are completely nuts! I have to say Dana Brown and crew outdid themselves. The cinematography is unbelievable and the narration adds a lot to the movie. Now I just need to find a store in Edmonton with the DVD for sale, not just rent.

Anyone who has some sort of sense of adventure will appreciate this movie, even if you aren't a motohead. I have unbelievable respect for everyone that competes in Baja, and Mouse McCoy deserves a spot in the motorcycle hall of fame for that ride. Just finishing the race is a feat unto itself, but to do it solo and be competitive (running as high as 3rd overall then finishing 6th in class, 12th overall) is ridiculous.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this movie just got me a lot more interested in desert racing. I've now added Baja to my list of places I will someday ride/race.

Great movie. :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Im gonna have too find a copy..

I just ordered a copy of SuperCross Classics, shows a bunch of the SX's from the 80's..

Rick

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
That is an awesome movie! I saw it a few months ago and I would really like to own it. I cannot recall the "main characters" name, but he is a true IRONMAN! The camera man was pretty awesome too! Riding one armed/handed for how many miles? WOW!

I bet it was really cool on the big screen!

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
My sons got it for me for Christmas, still have not watched it. This weekend it's happening. SC on TV, AC in Grand Rapids, and D2G.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I made a fast run across a mountian pass in AZ to make the last showing the last night I was in town to watch it on the big screen. It was about 1.5 hr drive from were I was at. It was worth it. I watched tonight as I bought it when it came out. There is a seen when the camara buy hit a rut cut in an uphill road with his front wheel. It just makes you cringe! Been there and done that. Just not in Baja! Great Movie!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
It was much better than i thought it'd be.
Main reason i bought it was i knew there would be a bunch of 650r's in it.
Gets tiring watching the "jumping beans" movies.
Now if i could just get the cajones to crank mine open that far!

At my age 45mph is flying pretty good! :ride:

DSG-1

Apr 24, 2002
awsome!

The camera coverage is great, makes you almost feel as if you are in the race. Allows you to see just what guys like "Mouse" McCoy endure. Great Movie.. Have to put the Tecate Baja 100o on my wish list to...DG

Top Bottom