johng723

Jul 19, 2006
I just bought a '90 kdx200 for about $1000 and everything runs great and starts on the 1st or 2nd kick everytime. The only thing is that it has been sitting outside for a while at the previous owner's house so there is some sun damage and a few parts have rusted and needs to be replaced. How do I know if it's an E1 or an E2? I want to buy a shop manuel but I need to figure that out first. I know the title says that it's a 1990 model which I think means it is an E2, but the VIN starts with JKADXNE1....so I'm not sure if that means it's an E1.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Congratulations on your new bike. It is an E2. 1989 was E1 and 1994 was E6. Go to www.buykawasaki.com and put your VIN into the (Search by VIN) box under OWNER INFO / Parts diagrams. You can also look at the parts diagrams for your model on the ...

www.buykawasaki.com

website.

Look around on e-Bay for a service manual. The little green manual is the owner's manual. You will benefit more from the service manual, which is thick and white covered. The Kawasaki part number ending in -02 is the correct, latest edition of the manual. It covers the 1989 - 1994 KDX200 models.

Good luck with it.

Top Bottom