Out Lander

Nov 21, 2005
Hello,
i have a 92 wr 200, (to broke to buy somethen better). When i begin to rev the engine it bogs down. If i keep the rpm's high the bike usually will not bog at all. It seems like the throttle gives to much gas in turn killing it( the floats/needle valve/float height/fuel lines are all in perfect working condition), which forces me to literaly get the bike to idle before giving it any throttle during start up, or push starting. I have cleaned the carburator from top to bottom. My only guess is that my mixture is too rich(use smaller main jet or air jet?) or the bike needs to be re-jetted altogether. What do you think? Remember the bike only bogs at low rpm's and my spark plugs always look a perfect color.

thanks for any input

Zach

Out Lander

Nov 21, 2005
lazy

I quit being lazy, and totally re-jetted the carb. Problem seems to be solve other than starting the bike. It has pretty much always had a starting problem (it starts like a catholic nun in a polygamist gang bang)...no one seems to know why other than it seems like the throttle still gives the bike too much gas.

thanks again

Top Bottom