1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Hey guys I was wondering what the easiest way to add some fork oil to the bike would be? I got a 60cc syringe that i connected a tube to and tried to "inject" it into the bleeder.
It made quite a mess as the fluid doesnt seem to go in very fast. Is there some trick to do this, or whats the best way?
I plan on putting new seals in soon, are those pyramid seals on ebay garbage? They are only like $10, but i heard it all depends on how the seal is pressed in. Thanks for the info!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
just use a smaller tube. go slow. those are a single chamber fork so only the spring and washer would be under the cap.

For seals, you get what you pay for. The leak proof ones, yeah, not so leak proof.

I personally like the MSR/All Balls/Moose seals that are red with the triple lips. I have installed them on every bike I service in the last 2 years and have yet to see one leak. Some kids ride 3x a week also MX. Kind of bad for repeat business but great products!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ummmm why not do it right and just pull them off, drain them, clean things up, replace the seals and put in fresh oil? I mean if you are replacing the seals soon anyway just do it now the right way.

Top Bottom