ebay purchase

larryd12

Feb 29, 2004
I purchase a 1998 kx125 on ebay in january. Started to work on it this week-end and had problems with a part being wrong apon futher investigation it turns out this bike is actually a 1997 instead of 98. Contacted the previous owner and he thinks its not his problem, I would like some money back to square the deal Any thoughts. I'm giving him the night to think it over.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Complain to ebay that it was misrepresented but you're likely going to have to live with it. Year model is not necesarily an indication of condition.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
it's too late now but at a minimum, you should have at least checked the vin. i've seen many bikes for sale on there that i know are not the advertised year model.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Jay is right about the VIN, heck I've seen dealers wrong about the model year. If it is good shape, w/in 1 year of what he thought it was (the changes were minimal on a 97 to 98) then i would say let it go. Sounds like an honest mistake, but nothing to raise a stink about

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Ooohh...I just saw interesting point in your post. Defintely do a VIN check. By all means, your dealer that got you a part, maybe just maybe, might have gotten a part wrong for you. Gosh that would be a shocker, a dealer messing up on the order. I'd check out all of the possibilities for your future reference when ordering

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…