Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I finally got the opportunity to ride my 2000 KDX 200 - 225 this weekend for the 1st time, after I got done with a bunch of testing and jetting days.....
Rode about 300 miles in northern Michigan, lots of sand, whoops and water.
Just had to share my excitement. Its incredible. Brought back memories of my 250 EXC.
With the 225cc's and the porting this thing ain't no ordinary KDX no more :yeehaw:
Very luggable, awesome mid, and great top. Hell, its a screamer!
My concern of limited fuel range was put to rest. I got 53.5 miles before hitting reserve...that's good enough for most of my rides, I am used to looking for gas at about that range. For what its worth, the KTM 400 EXC had to hit reserve before I did, and so did the GasGas 300 that was with us.
Some of my riding buddies had the opportunity to try it, they ALL loved it.
"What the hell did you do to that thing?" Even the thumper guys really enjoyed the heck out of it too!
Never mind the fact that I am sitting here with 3 cracked and bruised ribs, the fun I had cracking them was well worth it;)
I considered getting a new ride a few weeks ago, well, I got one!
BTW, :cool: EG is a pleasure to deal with, obviously he knows what he's doing, quick turn around (I think it took 8 days), things could not have worked out better. :yeehaw: : :laugh:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
still working on that. Currently 38 pilot, 152 main (a tad rich), needle is a BFQ (same as stock) in top clip. #5 slide. Next will be BGQ, CGL, #6 slide. We'll see how that turns out.

Top Bottom