a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yesterday had to be one of the best riding days I enjoyed in a long time! Myself, Elk Jr, MXdad and family, Holeshot and little shot, Bill P, LT and the little one with the new Xmas ride and Gary (who we can't keep up with), all showed to enjoy a great day at Elsinore. It was pretty busy, which worked to our advantage if you were in front on our wild motos!

Bill, Dad, Gary and I attacked the Vet track, (I only went cause of the old guys!) and I think we passed LT somewhere on the track but he went into a tail spin as we went by. By the way, thanks LT for making me look so fast, I know it's hard to hold back the power on that 3 stroke GG!

I think we tired out Dad though, he was hacking and caughing after each moto. That was probably caused by his lack of some warm-up laps, sorry Dad! You wanted to get warmed up and I shouldn't have jammed the throttle so soon, even though it was my 4th moto by the time you arrived and unloaded the little guys! You didn't seem to mind though, that darn red tractor of yours did its job at churning up the Earth! Remind me to never stay behind you, oh, and thanks also for making me feel so fast!:)

Bill, I had my work cut out trying to stay ahead of you or the times I trieds to catch you. The slow riders did there job at blocking each of us, but it was fun trying. Sorry about taking that last corner so wide, I figured that since I paid my 15 bones, I can use the whole track!!

Hey LT, sorry I yelled when I passed you, I was just having too much fun. That GG looks right at home on the track though, even though there aren't any trees in the track!!LOL!

All in all, it was great. I couldn't believe how fast Holeshot gets to the corner, guess that's why he got his name!?

LT, you could see the excitement on your boys face when he rode that little beast for the first time. Brings back wonderful memories, thanks for the reminder. Hope he enjoys it as much as you do.

Thanks for the ride guys, hope to see you all again next week. Dad, I'll try and shoot for Thursday and ride with you guys there. If not, I'll try for wed with Bill. Aloha my brothers,

Elk

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Good time for sure! Though I think Elk's perspective gets thrown off by inhaling too much two-smoke! :confused:

Elk, yeah, that was a great warm up moto I got with you. What was it, at least the first two corners? By the way, I wasn't hacking and coughing, I was laughing watching you pick dirt clods out of your helmet and goggles from being behind Holeshot and I on the mighty four strokes! :p

LT, Connor definitely looked like he was doing well on the new scoot! Sorry we had to bail before we got a chance to ride together. Darn kids just have too many activities going on!

Hope you can make it thursday Elk - maybe I'll get there early and get a proper warm up before we go at it again! :) I'll have to make sure there are plenty of "blockers" on the track too so I can stay with you.

89r- Sorry you couldn't make it, the thumpers were definitely outnumbered Friday. Maybe you can make it next week?

Until next time...

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I got in about five laps max during the day, but I made one effort for 1.5 laps to try and hold back the pups on two strokes (Bill and Elk). Unfortunately, I didn't have the speed.:ugg: It seems that every time I meet the DRN bunch at Elsinore, my arms pump way more the usual, but this time my "good" arm turned into a piece of granite (I couldnt shake it off).

I'll either get twenty years younger or get a lighter, less powerful bike for the track. I think I hear a 125 two stroke.......

It seemed like a day for the kids (the little ones). My daughter must have made 40 laps around the pee wee tracks (at least one of us got some riding in), and MXdad and LT were kept preoccupied with their little 'uns as well.

There were no funny get-offs or pratt falls (that I know of):eek:

Oh, BTW Elk, I holeshot all four of my motos at the OTHG national at Glen Helen in Oct., and didn't get dirty the entire weekend. I guess I should mention that it was in the Old Slow Spodes Class....:silly:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by MXDad
[B
89r- Sorry you couldn't make it, the thumpers were definitely outnumbered Friday. Maybe you can make it next week?
Until next time... [/B]

Well, gee Dad. Someone has to keep the economy going.:mad:

Should be able to make it next week. My grandson will be staying with us. I will bring him along.

Ol'89r

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Well, gee Dad. Someone has to keep the economy going.

89r - I thought that's what I was doing keeping all these kids in bikes and gear!! We're shooting for a Thurs. am ride at Elsinore. Hope you can make it out. Offers still open for some laps on the new red beast!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hopefully the rain holds out again!
89er, take Dad up on the offer, maybe you can get it out of 1st gear! :) j/k

It could probably take both of you around the track no problem, even towing the grader behind it! One of you can steer and the other can throttle it. Kinda like two kids trying to drive a car, one on the gas down below and the other steering! haha :scream: I heard that Honda is changing the color of the new 450 to John Deer green!!! :think

Hope to make it out on Thursday to meet your crew Dad.
Elk

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

All right, all right!:think

This is a link to a pic taken by Pro Ride Phil on the Pro Ride board. We had a small turn out that day for the amatuer class, and I didn't even win the moto, but this is the only photographic proof that I've ever got a holeshot (I'm number 291). I believe this was my 16 th consecutive holeshot *cough*. Take a look at the weakling two strokes behind me - four stroke power rules!

or110022.jpg

Last edited:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Holeshot... That's because the guys in your class are so old that by the time the gate drops their all asleep and they don't wake up until you take off with that loud 4-smoke and wake them up. Their all so pissed off that they try to run you down... j/k

That's a cool pic...:)

You gonna be able to make it out to the track at all this week?

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Gotta work.:ugg: The holiday break was my last chance to ride during weekdays until spring break.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I might be able to go on WED. Might be your only chance to see the DARK LORD on a 2 smoke. I borrowed my buds since the dark mobile is down.

later mxbundy

i`ll even bring the 465 if anybody has the balls to sling a leg over that beast.:p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sounds like Wed may be the day. The weather report says it's going to rain Wednesday PM through Thursday AM. Maybe we should shoot for Wednesday. Max and I are still on.

Dark Lord on a 2smoke? Bundy you must have hit your head pretty hard.:scream:

Ol'89r

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Wed. is a no go for me this week, I'm hoping the weather holds for Thursday. You boys play nice now if you go Wednesday. I'll be looking for ride reports.

Anyone else in for thurs., let me know.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I'm in for Wednesday. What time and where is everyone parking. I'll be in the Tan GMC 4x4 with a Orange bike in the back.

Billygoat Bundy ... Bring the beast ... I would like to give her a ride.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
OK, lets shoot for WED. I`ll be there. Probably around 9 ish.Unless my bud from Fla. has some objections. I pick him up at 1 pm today. So i`ll post back later if things change.
Ol89r, can we straightin out an aluminum subframe? What about the pipe? It got shoved straight back, so the megaphone part is folded flat in a couple spots. I think the subframe is wasted, not only did it get bent, but several of the hangers where ripped off.

later mxbundy

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rex. Will most likely park next to the 80 track under the awning. Will be in the blue van with the trailer. WR400 #35 and KTM 65 #229.

Great shot, Holeshot.;)

Bundy. I will have to look at it. We can heli-arc the tabs back on and if the tubing is not kinked, it can most likely be straightened.

Ol'89r

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Looks like I'm riding on Thursday, but at Glen Helen this time. My buddies from work are riding there so I'm gonna join them. Dad, you should hit Glen Helen, it's perfect for that john deer tractor you have! The rain should hold out for us, hopefully. Anyone that feels like riding thursday, come on out to Glen Helen. Look for the blue S10 p/u with the pro circuit suzuki #214, around 9am. We park up the hill behind the grandstands. Sorry dad, you'll have Elsinore to yourself this week. It's probably better anyway, you can take some true warm-up laps now!! :)

Hope to see you guys at Glen Helen!

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Very cool site Desert_Racer. You are right about Max. The little guy wears me out. About the only way to get him off the track is to let him run out of gas.;)

Sorry I didn't get to ride with you more. I started to catch you one time, that is, until you saw me coming and stepped up the pace.:scream:

Ol'

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Nice pictures! I'll be going by Costco tonight to see if the Phelan pics are back yet.
Hey Ol-thumprpilot; I see Max has great taste in machinery!:debil:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Nice riding with everybody again. My son didn't stop unitl the YZ80 flamed out for lack of gas.

I'm healing up my sad looking hands. I had to quit riding when blood started spurting out of the blisters. I'm looking forward to future Wed rides :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
Hey Ol-thumprpilot; I see Max has great taste in machinery!:debil: [/B]

Yea, gotta admit ktmboy, the KTM has held up very good. We have had him on just about every other brand at one time or another. He has managed to either blow them up or break them in half.

I can't believe how rough these little guys are on equipment.:scream:

Ol'89r

Top Bottom