TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
Looking at running protapers with new triple clamps. Applied seems well know, but emig clamps look good.

Anyone like to share experiences ?

Thanks in advance.
TR

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I had them on my YZ400, 426, 250F and now on my CR450. I love them! You can get them to suit your needs, high, short, forward... and the mounts are reversible so you try them in both positions. You can also ge them rubber mounted or solid, I've had both. On the Yami I like solid mount on the CRF I like rubber mount... Either way I do recommend them because they are so versitile. They do look really cool too but that aint why I put them on my bike. Emig also makes some unique hand gaurd mounts that insert into the bar... and I think they bolt into the clamp... or maybe that is just on their KTM version... If you have any further specific questions I am sure Paige would be happy to answer them for you... see the Emig Forum for details.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
If you don't want to drop that much coin on triple clamps, Moose makes a conversion kit that allows you to bolt Pro Tapers onto your bike. I think it was around $40. It also raises your bars a bit, which is a good thing if you're tall and riding an XR400.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
ProTaper also makes a kit like that... they will work on any of the oversized bars, Tag, PT, Renthal....

Good call kawi, I forgot about those.... I had some PT adapters on my YZ400 before I put Emigs on it.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
It's been a while since I put those on, but if I remember correctly the Moose version was slightly cheaper than the ProTaper brand. I remember my local shop had both available. They seemed really similar so I went with the cheaper version (plus I got a free bar pad with the Moose set).

Top Bottom