Enduro Engineering

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
I finally found a place around here where I could get the EE handguards. I'd been looking forward to these for awhile now and when I got to the store, the handguards had the stores' logo engraved in them. They come from EE that way. I really didn't want this but they were the only ones they had so I buckled and bought them anyway-I call it acquisition fever...figured I'd find some kind of sticker to cover it.
So after I got them installed I went to the EE website and saw that they charge the dealer extra for this service! Obviously this extra charge is passed on to the customer. We pay extra so that the dealer can advertise! I e-mailed EE 'cause let's just say I was a little p*&^d-off. They responded to "clear up some confusion", claiming to "have nothing to do with what the dealer orders or sells" however on their website they even state "Dealers, this is an inexpensive way to advertise on your customers bike
for a lifetime". Ultimately my lack of patience sealed the purchase. My fault, but it sucks to be had. Anyone had similar experiences. Thanks, I feel better now.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Had?  I don't see it that way?  Did you not look at them on Enduro Engineerings website first?  Could you not order them directly from EE? 

You got a quality product.... your impatience and your lack of research caused you to pay a bit more, not Enduro Engineering.  Your gripe should be with the dealer, if you had a legitimate one, not EE.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Ya, what motohead00 said...

You weren't swindled, conned, or ripped off. It seems that you were already familar with the EE handguards. What'd think - all EE guards now come with *your* dealer's name engraved on them? ;)

FWIW, I do hate the plastic stick-on badges that car dealers put on their cars to advertise. First thing I take off...

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I also fail to see how this is EE's fault. They simply offered a service to your dealer. Your dealer is the one who possibly charged you extra because they wanted they're name on the product. Maybe now you can go back to that dealer and ask for a discount on a new pair of tires since you are now advertising for them. :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I, too, don't get it. I buy riding pants, *******s insist on putting their name on them - i.e. Fox, Thor, Sinsalo, blah blah blah. They probably charge me more for it too. I then buy a pipe for the bike - how dare they put FMF on it (or PC or whatever).

One thing I don't do, however, is put stickers on my bike advertising whatever aftermarket products I've got on it. I pay enough for the products and if anyone wants to know, I'll tell them or they can open their eyes & look.

Over here, we've got some locally made tie-downs which can have the usual manufacturers' writing changed to a shop's. I've only seen one shop take advantage of this and refused to pay the extra for it (mainly because I don't like that shop). (the shop is more expensive, but as it's open 7 days it's convenient sometimes, but they do charge more for everything).

Are you sure you paid more than if they hadn't had the advertising put on them? If it's only a "small fee" from EE, they may not pass that on to the customer, just put it down as advertising.

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Do you really think that the dealer is going to pay to have his name engraved on the guards and then not adjust his price to maintain his profit?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by DVO
Do you really think that the dealer is going to pay to have his name engraved on the guards and then not adjust his price to maintain his profit?

So what if he does?
You have the OPTION to NOT buy them forcing him to rethink his approach. This isn't about a bad product or someone who wronged YOU, it's about your poor planning and your basic inability to take some responsibility.
Next time save your money and buy a clue. :whiner: :whiner:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by DVO

No, I don't doubt the extra cost was passed on to you for one minute, but that still in no way makes it the dealer's fault or EE's fault.  As in my previous post, you seemed to be familiar with the EE product.  You knew EE had a website (you emailed them) where you could have fully researched your desired product before purchasing and you could have emailed and asked the EE guys any question you wanted before buying and they would have gladly answered.  They have always promptly answered any question I have had before buying. You could have ordered directly from EE.  Instead, you chose the route of purchasing locally..... which I think is positive thing to do.  I do the same for dealers in my area when I can and I also try to support the dealers that support DRN.  Instead, you are flaming on DRN now about being had when there is not anyone to blame but yourself.

As someone else stated earlier, how many things do you buy that have logos or whatnot on them?  You paid for it, you were impatient and it cost you a few bucks more.  Sell the handguards to one of your riding buddies that needs a set and order direct from EE if it is such a travesty that you are advertising for someone.  Other than that, I still believe you are pointing the finger of blame in the wrong direction.  You point to EE and the dealer, but when you point your finger.... look how many of them are pointing at you.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I, too, hate paying extra to advertise for some company. I have to laugh when I see some dumbass who's wearing socks with the cutsey Nike swoosh on them, I mean jeez, how good could socks be? Hey, wait! That's it! A sock sponsorship! If I can get someone to pick up my ever increasing sock tab I could be more competetive! :thumb: Anyway, I don't think you have a gripe with EE. Alot of manufacterers do this sort of thing to promote their products.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Gary B.
I mean jeez, how good could socks be?

Until you wear a pair of Pearl Izumi bicycle socks you'll never know. :confused:

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Awright, awright, I get the point. Like I said, my lack of patience, ultimately my fault. But you'd think the dealer would carry with/without and maybe even sell his engraved ones a couple bucks cheaper (for the advertising). Then again, maybe that's why I'm not a businessman. Thanks for hearing me out.
DVO

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Yeah!, handguards with your (or your girl's) name on 'em. :thumb: Or maybe just mark 'em left and right! :laugh:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by DVO
Awright, awright, I get the point. Like I said, my lack of patience, ultimately my fault. But you'd think the dealer would carry with/without and maybe even sell his engraved ones a couple bucks cheaper (for the advertising). Then again, maybe that's why I'm not a businessman. Thanks for hearing me out.
DVO
You hit the nail on the head. Why not carry every color, engraved and not, every size for every bar and every bike. Mater of fact, I can't believe the owner doesn’t call you directly once a week before filling his inventory replenishment. I mean St-Jean Sur Richelieu, Que. Canada must be the motobike capital of the world. :silly:

Unreal :|

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by motohead00
It would be more beneficial for me to mark them "clutch" and "brake". :confused:

... to match the wrenches engraved with "Righty-Tighty" and "Lefty-Lucy"...

Bricks88

Sponsoring Member
Mar 14, 2002
Cover the engraving with tree bark and sapling juice/junk.Youll look like youve been busy and solve your problem at the same time. :thumb:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
It would be more beneficial for me to mark them "clutch" and "brake".

Bad idea! I'd run into a tree while leaning over the front fender trying to read. :laugh:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Michelle

One thing I don't do, however, is put stickers on my bike advertising whatever aftermarket products I've got on it. I pay enough for the products and if anyone wants to know, I'll tell them or they can open their eyes & look.

same here. no stickers get put on my bike, truck or trailer unless they are in some way helping me out.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
This isn't exactly "on topic" but along the lines. I may sound like the pot calling the kettle black because I have 3 or 4 stickers on my trailer & bike but if you think about it, what better way to advertise for thieves to steal from you when you have so&so racing on the side of your trailer? I mean the thieves don't even have to break into your trailer to know what's in there. Just a thought with all the bike stealing going on.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Agreed. The only time stickers on trucks and trailers looks cool is at the track. Otherwise, you're advertising to the wrong people (thieves). :scream:

Top Bottom