cr_crazy07

May 27, 2007
The right side engine case on my 2000 cr125 has a big crack around the kickstart. Does anyone no if it can be welded or where i can buy a new case?

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
use some gas or any paint stripper and remove the paint. get some fine grit sandpaper or a small dremmel and rough and flatten out the area. Again put some gas or paint thinner and clean up the area once again to ensure there is no metal shavings, use compressed air as well.

Go out and buy j.b. weld, its a cold weld type glue and its really tuff and resistant to vibrations and heat.

if its a big deep crack, then apply the j.b in layers within 2 or so hours apart untill the gap uis filled. let the j.b.weld sit for a while, like a few days just to let the weld cure completely. Then all you have to do is just paint over it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Yes it can be welded, but it will require someone who is experienced with this type of material. Don't let any of the usual teenage "internet experts" tell you that quick fixes like epoxy or JB weld will work. There is too much stress around the kickstarter boss for any of that nonsense to work.

Find someone in your area that regularly works with race cars, especially sprint cars. There are loads of very skilled welders with aluminum experience in that field.

cr_crazy07

May 27, 2007
ok thanks. i was thinking about sending the whole motor out to eric gorr an haveing it bore toa 144. do u think they would be able to fix it? an do uthink that would be a good i dea to have that done. cause i like the feel of the bike it just doesn't have the power to keep up any more.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric has a guy he uses that is better at this type of welding work than anyone I've EVER seen. He has fixed things that I was CONVINCED were junk. Plus his prices are really cheap compared to replacing the part.

The 144 upgrade is the best bang for the buck you will ever find for a 125. Eric and I built up an old RM125 into a big bore that I rode for a whole summer a few years back, and it was incredibly fun and fast. I weigh 240lbs with gear and rode a YZF420 the previous season and the RM was strong enough to keep me happy.

cr_crazy07

May 27, 2007
ok i think thats what i'm gunna do. the bike has new crank bearings in it but needs a new crank.what do u think it will cost to have all this done?9 the 144 kit an the crank fixed) an how long will it take 2 get the motor back? it has some groves in the clutch basket but i havent had any problems with the clutch slipping yet so i may hold out on puttin anew one on.

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
Don't let any of the usual teenage "internet experts" tell you that quick fixes like epoxy or JB weld will work.

dont presume stuff, just beacuse my profile says i was born in 87 doesnt make it true.

even if i was i would be 20, i dont hear any 'teen' in the word twenty.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
cr_crazy07 said:
ok i think thats what i'm gunna do. the bike has new crank bearings in it but needs a new crank.what do u think it will cost to have all this done?9 the 144 kit an the crank fixed) an how long will it take 2 get the motor back? it has some groves in the clutch basket but i havent had any problems with the clutch slipping yet so i may hold out on puttin anew one on.

You'll have to contact Eric directly for pricing info.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Telephone Orders Call 1-630-825-5645

Email: ericgorr @ hotmail.com << - remove the spaces arround the @ sign

http://www.ericgorr.com/

Top Bottom