eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
ok i was riding down the street today ran the bike allday no problems half a mile from my house the bike just looses ALL power! it'll kick over easly but we tugged to my house by a quad n it started right up while being dragged, then once i let off the gas it'll bog down but not die untile a few seconds n if i try to rev it it boggs down then speeds up nicely. anyhelp?

also

I realy realy need to know the year range i can use parts for this 1990 rm250 there are so many parts i could use butthere for like 1991-95

also to go from a 280bore back t the stock 250 would i just need a new cylinder sleve and piston and gasket?

also the carb i have on the bike is an upgradded one if i go down to a 250 what would i have to do with that

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
yes you need to rebuild the top end. And to go back to a 250 you need piston, rings, gaskets and a new cylinder/jug.

and you carb will need to be re-jetted.

I don't know about plating the cylinder or not. Don't know if that applies to your bike.

easiest way it to take your parts and go to the closest dealer, and ask what you need. and have them order the rite parts.

eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
the thing is i found a new cylinder sleeve on ebay brand new for $50 and the piston/rings/gasket kits from motosport for $120......is this all i will need?

how much would it cost a bike shop to jet a bike?

Top Bottom