dman2091

Oct 14, 2008
Hi,

Im looking at buying an '01 YZ125 but it has been bored to a 144 and stroked as well. My local MX Association does not allow an engine to be stroked but it edoes allow it to be bored up to a 144. Is there a way to cancel out the stroking by buying a new part or would i have to buy a whole new thing and get it bored again?

Thanks

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
I would say you need to replace the crank and the rod back to stock. usually if you stroke a motor you put a longer rod and a crank with more throw. and new piston and rings.

ask the guy what he did to stroke it would be your best bet. and thats what you need to replace.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You can't change the stroke without changing the crank.

A new crank assembly from Hot Rods or Wiseco or something would probly the most economical way to go.

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Check that it really has been stroked in the first place, you may be able to get a measure through the exh port if not you'll only have to pop the head.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
When was the last time you actually saw an engine tear down at a race? Just ride it as is and save your money for fresh tires and chains. ;)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
When was the last time you actually saw an engine tear down at a race? Just ride it as is and save your money for fresh tires and chains. ;)
I thought that same thing, but figured someone would start the "that's cheating" thing, lol.

Unless you're a damn fast rider no one will know. I've never heard of a mid-pack rider being protested.

Top Bottom